Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Evil author trivia question

For reasons unknown to me 0:) the subject of cliffhangers has been raised in this forum lately... so it got me to thinking; what's the most evil form of cliffhanger?

The most obvious to me would be when an author leaves us with beloved character in grave danger of death at the end of a chapter, and then in the next chapter, resolves the cliffhanger by killing them! And, to compound the matter, makes a comment that it's not a cliffhanger, but mowing the readers down with a machine gun. :blink:

Now, can anyone name an author (and in which story) who has done such an evil, evil cliffhanger? (no, not me! :P)

I'll give an additional clue; said author is very well known on GA, and often posts in this forum.

Any guesses? :mace:

Ummmm... hmmmm... I'll agree with that if, and only if, you mean anyone but me. 0:)

I actually meant me :D

Guardians Spoiler:

Chapter 34 of Guardians ends with Jason's lover, Ronan, dieing in his arms.

Oh, and perhaps here's an even worse bit, though I don't think I can count it as a cliffie.

The stories last full chapter has Jason kicking his brother off the rooftop to keep him alive (Paul is expected to survive the fall; Jason is not expected to survive what's about to happen). The epilogue picks up with a funeral scene.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..