Prince William to Marry Kate Middleton

Our newspapers quote an organization called "VisitBritain" that claims that the Royal Family brings to the UK 500 million pounds on tourism. And they expect the wedding to make it even higher. That doesn't sound that bad, huh?

Our newspapers quote an organization called "VisitBritain" that claims that the Royal Family brings to the UK 500 million pounds on tourism. And they expect the wedding to make it even higher. That doesn't sound that bad, huh?

If they get married during 2011 iand then 2012 Olympics .... that will be a good inflow .... to pay bills

BTW, how much will the wedding cost?

If they get married during 2011 iand then 2012 Olympics .... that will be a good inflow .... to pay bills

BTW, how much will the wedding cost?

Well in 2012 there's Olympics AND Diamond Anniversary of the Rule of Elisabeth II, so there's plenty to celebrate - and attract tourists ;)

Moreover all that garbage with pics of William and Kate that will emergy - and is ready for some time, just waiting for the date - will bring some money in as well. How much it will cost? IDK but there's plenty of people who are trying to count it already... but I haven't read those articles.

I found an interesting article that said if William's father were to have his wedding to Diana now, it would cost an estimated $50M for the whole shebang. But I doubt they will go all out like they did 30 years ago as economic conditions are rough and with the British government slashing billions out of it's budget. Heres the article if anyone is interested. Article

I found an interesting article that said if William's father were to have his wedding to Diana now, it would cost an estimated $50M for the whole shebang. But I doubt they will go all out like they did 30 years ago as economic conditions are rough and with the British government slashing billions out of it's budget. Heres the article if anyone is interested. Article

The population of the UK (2008) is 61.2 million ... so if every paid one dollar ... the Queen wouldn't have to pay anything

The good question is how much revenues did Charles and Diana generate from increase tourism? and how much of that help pay for the wedding?

Doesn't the wedding cash gifts help pay some of that?

I have to admit, I'm really excited about this. They seem pretty well matched, and they certaintly took a long time in making sure this is right. I hope they have lots of future heirs that can't serve because the Queen of England will live to 120!

Edited by methodwriter85

It isn't quite as big a deal either. When Charles and Diana got married, he was already Prince of Wales (heir to the throne). It has been nearly thirty years now and Charles is still waiting. The Queen's mother lived to be 102.

It isn't quite as big a deal either. When Charles and Diana got married, he was already Prince of Wales (heir to the throne). It has been nearly thirty years now and Charles is still waiting. The Queen's mother lived to be 102.

Firstly, he's been waiting for all of his life. He was already second in line when he was born, and first when his mother got crowned as Queen. :D

Then, you do not have to be Prince of Wales in order to succeed the throne (his mother was never Princess of Wales). It is a simple honorary title that is not always required to be bestowed on each first-in-line to the throne (look it up on the Wiki, you'll see...).

Finally, her mother lived to be 101. :P

Edited by Jack Frost

Finally, her mother lived to be 101. :P

Not to quibble, but the Queen Mother was 101 years, 7 months, and 26 days old when she passed away.

From Wikipedia:

Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon (4 August 1900