Prince William to Marry Kate Middleton

Royal weddings are kinda cool, no?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101116/ap_en_ce/eu_britain_royal_wedding

I wish I had been around to see the Princess Diana wedding. That must've been insane.

Anyway, I thought I'd post this because I know my buddy Mark Arbour has a major thing for aristrocracy.

Why do they refer to Kate as Middleton throughout the article. I thought that was really disparaging and disrespectful. Apart from that... they're both human beings and ( I hope) in love so who wouldn't be pleased for them. I doubt I'm going to get an invitation to the wedding though :)

Yeah. Some people unfortunately peak in attractiveness as teenagers. Eh. It's not like he's ugly, though. Although Harry's much hotter.

His mother's inner beauty still lives on through him, if not so much her outer beauty as we had all intitally thought when he was 15 and cute as hell.

William looks different compared to his younger days. I couldn't recognize him.

I agree that William does look older. Is his hair thinning?

I wish I had been around to see the Princess Diana wedding. That must've been insane.

Charles and Diana's wedding was telecast worldwide. I remember it well. A highlight was Diana getting Charles' name wrong during the exchange of vows.

Here's one of many video clips to be found on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5lfGMoVMCLs

I'll be honest. I've always been fascinated by monarchies when I studied history back in the day, but I'm apathetic towards modern day monarchies especially the English one. Their more like celebrities and I don't really pay attention to celebs Plus I'm American so I dislike them on principle. XD

I remember Diana's wedding too, it was quite a show!

@ Nephylim: often in news print, writers use a last name to refer to a person that has been first introduced using their first name. It's weird though, isn't it?

And after the published photos of William taking a leak, we know what Kate will be getting for a wedding gift! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Charles, with the help of a few others, have reduced the stature of the royals - they do indeed seem like plain old celebrities now, not regal 'betters.'

Edited by Tipdin

I remember Diana's wedding too, it was quite a show!

@ Nephylim: often in news print, writers use a last name to refer to a person that has been first introduced using their first name. It's weird though, isn't it?

And after the published photos of William taking a leak, we know what Kate will be getting for a wedding gift! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Charles, with the help of a few others, have reduced the stature of the royals - they do indeed seem like plain old celebrities now, not regal 'betters.'

Ummm.... photos of Wills?? Really? Hmmmm

And one reason I enjoy the Wall Street Journal is they use the old time form of calling people Mr., Ms. and Mrs. or other appropriate title throughout their stories.

Just curious. Does the taxpayer fund the multi-million dollar royal weddings in England like they do in other countries with monarchies?

Found this ... maybe they should have a long engagement ... when the economy is better ... or maybe the queen may have to make some cut backs in her house hold ... like will that happen??

prince-williams-wedding-who-will-pay

16_kateplate_r_k.jpg

Unless Parliament votes for extra money to be allocated to Prince William and Miss Middleton's wedding, the cost will have to be borne by the Civil List – the Queen's household allowance – or drawn from Her Majesty's personal wealth.

At least he didn't get his dad's ears.

I must note that he is 28 now...

He still doesn't look that bad as his dad was at his age. o,O

Unless Parliament votes for extra money to be allocated to Prince William and Miss Middleton's wedding, the cost will have to be borne by the Civil List

Just curious. Does the taxpayer fund the multi-million dollar royal weddings in England like they do in other countries with monarchies?

Yeah, the taxpayer WILL end up footing the bill for this & a small fortune it'll cost as well.

They'll probably just stick it on the plastic, what's a few more million on top of the 100+ billion we're already in hock for! Yeah.... just stick a few more pence on income tax & squeeze the taxpayers totally dry, we don't mind!! :angry:

Yeah, the taxpayer WILL end up footing the bill for this & a small fortune it'll cost as well.

They'll probably just stick it on the plastic, what's a few more million on top of the 100+ billion we're already in hock for! Yeah.... just stick a few more pence on income tax & squeeze the taxpayers totally dry, we don't mind!! :angry:

Probably*

We don't know yet how it will be paid... C'mon... I have heard some time ago that the Queen is already preparing her civil list allotment to pay for such wedding as well as her silver jubilee. And this is coming from a woman who had to save up ration coupons to buy a wedding dress for her own wedding!

Edited by Jack Frost

Yes, we do

Amen brother

Probably*

We don't know yet how it will be paid... C'mon... I have heard some time ago that the Queen is already preparing her civil list allotment to pay for such wedding as well as her silver jubilee. And this is coming from a woman who had to save up ration coupons to buy a wedding dress for her own wedding!

What makes you think that this will be any different to all the rest? when has the Queen EVER paid for a ceremony like this?

At least he didn't get his dad's ears.

I must note that he is 28 now...

He still doesn't look that bad as his dad was at his age. o,O

Is it just me, or do blond guys tend to go bald earlier than guys with darker hair? Or is it just that balding is more noticeable on a blond guy? With some hairplugs or a completely shaved head, he'd still look good, I think. It's just people can't help but unfavorably compare him to what he looks like now to what he looked like as a teenager, which is pretty unfair, in my opinion. He can't help losing his hair or his features changing- it's not like he sat around and got fat or something. Some people unfortunately peak early in their attractiveness- such as Brooke Shields or Devon Sawa from Casper, etc etc. Does anyone really want to be held to the standard of what they looked like when they were fifteen for the rest of their lives?

Anyway, I imagine this will be a boon to her parent's event planning business. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85

Is it just me, or do blond guys tend to go bald earlier than guys with darker hair? Or is it just that balding is more noticeable on a blond guy?

Male Pattern Baldness which is the most common cause of baldness, and is generally believed to have a large genetic component. ~It is most prevalent in Northern European people and in blond people, also it effects ginger headed people more than black headed.

This is a simplistic explanation and further details can be found on Wikipedia.

I have Pro Monarchy rose tinted glasses so Im all for the state paying for it.

In the end Im of the opinion the queen and her family bring in alot more money than it costs to keep them which is not the same for those penny pinching theives in the commons. At least in Her Maj we have a head of state that I am proud of. Can you imagine havin Cameron or Brown or Blair on our stamps and money.

No for all their faults and yes there are quite a few I still think the Monarchy brings an awful lot to the country and is worth the cost.

Constitutional Monarchy > Republic for me

The UK gets a lot of tourism from the US and Asia because of the mystique of the monarchy.

Royal Wedding to provide two-year tourism boost for UK

What makes you think that this will be any different to all the rest? when has the Queen EVER paid for a ceremony like this?

Wait... I just remember the civil list is funded by the taxpayers. Whoops...

Anyways... I think the Commonwealth who has her as Queen should pay their part of the bill too, seeing that Prince William is also considered as a Canadian prince here as well. Why only the British should be paying for that?

And I wouldn't mind giving a loonie for it.

Edited by Jack Frost