Free Hugs

If you went around giving everyone a free hug, what reaction would you get? Is there a right way and a wrong way to go about it? The couple in this video seem to have been a hit with their free hugs experiment. If it works in Sondrio, Italy, wouldn't it work in your hometown? Great musical background in the video, too!

I have a hug for each and every one of you:

2.gif

Edited by MikeL

Hehe, I think if I did that here I'd get some very strange looks & reactions. I guess people aren't used to a total stranger invading their personal space & hugging them for no good reason. :D

The folks in Winchester tend to walk around with a stick up their ass most of the time anyway! :P

It maybe seasonal - more hugs during XMASS or holidays than none at all

Are you sure the huggers aren't pick pocketers?

- - - -

But i think i saw some huggers a long ago - yeah there are those that are wary

But those that need it feel much better

Here are some hugs to those that need it :hug::hug:

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago I was walking on the parking lot of X store toward the door and a woman around my age was coming out. As we approached each other I gave her my "always there" smile. She stopped me and said: "Thank you for the smile. My day has been miserable until you gave me your smile." She asked if she could give me a hug, so, of course, I did. She almost cried.

Another time, I was at the grocery store and saw this very pretty itty bitty old lady very well dressed and on a wheel chair. I looked at her and told her how pretty she was. On the next Isle we crossed again. When we were in front of each other she smiled and asked if she could hug me, said I had just made her day brighter with the compliment.

Most people are "buried" in their own silent agony especially this time of year when we would like to be with our loved ones but instead too many of us spend the holidays alone. Everywhere I go, even if I'm feeling like shit I always have a smile on my face. I know I have my problems, and to me, they are huge problems, but really, we don't know what those we see out there on a daily basis are going through, so a smile, a compliment, a kind word, etc. could lessen the weight on their shoulders.

My hugs are always free to any who needs one. Here's to you my Pretties! :hug: All My Love :wub:

Momma

• Like 2