Spin off or Sequel?

Ok, first up, if this question is supposed to be in a different area then I apologise now.

My question is this: I have my story, Seeing Double which is currently going well but I also have another story idea based around Seeing Double.

It would be based on Galwrock but no directly involve Matt or Dan (the two main characters of Seeing Double). The storyline however would run parallel to Seeing Double. Would, considering that info, this new story I have planned be a Spin- off or a Sequel?

I would love to hear your thoughts :)

• Like 1

My gut would be to call it another book in the "series"-- as a kid I read sci-fi books in a series that featured the same world, but not necessarily the same characters. A spin-off makes me think of T.V.

But then again, I guess there are series that feature all the same characters, too . . . so I dunno :P

To me, a sequel features the same characters as the original, but they have a new adventure that takes places after the events in the original. So, I guess that would make your new idea a spin-off. Puts in mind what happened with Grey's Anatomy and that other show where one of the characters went off somewhere else. Same time frame but different people/events.

Ok, first up, if this question is supposed to be in a different area then I apologise now.

My question is this: I have my story, Seeing Double which is currently going well but I also have another story idea based around Seeing Double.

It would be based on Galwrock but no directly involve Matt or Dan (the two main characters of Seeing Double). The storyline however would run parallel to Seeing Double. Would, considering that info, this new story I have planned be a Spin- off or a Sequel?

I would love to hear your thoughts :)

I'm currently pondering with a same question with Hot'n Cold. It is gonna have 2 sisters or spin-offs. They all fall under same theme (opposites attraction) and have some same characters.

Hmmm...

I'm currently pondering with a same question with Hot'n Cold. It is gonna have 2 sisters or spin-offs. They all fall under same theme (opposites attraction) and have some same characters.

This actually sounds like a series to me. :P

If it you weren't planing to let the new story cover the same time period as 'Seeing Double' then you could consider it a sequel but since it will be it would be better as a companion like (Torchwood and Sara Jana Adventures are to Dr. Who)