Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 68 : Getaways

• Site Administrator

Mmmmmmmm, key lime pie :P

I'm definitely going to have to read this chapter over again. It seems like nothing really happened, but I'm sure there are clues amongst the words. Not like the goat to give us a nice tranquil, non cliffhanging chapter without some thing that should set our spidey senses tingling.

It's too bad Trevor can't think the way that we are reading. If he could he would see that Shane's flirting and such may be just the same as the way he wore speedos and flirted with women to make more money as well as keep the suspicion off of him being gay. Wonder if Shane is the same way. Shane's comment about not being a prude makes me hope that maybe after meeting Mr.Blake, they are sailing isolated and Shane suggests some nude sun tanning. Not like it will mean too much to Trevor who spent months naked in the Southern Ocean. The warmth probably would feel good.

As far as the plan to hide the cocaine on Joel and Lisa's bags before flying, isn't there some kind of check before they leave. I know when leaving Canada you have to clear through American customs while still in Canada. This includes a baggage search with dogs in the area as well. Then when leaving the states, you don't have to go through customs again, but the American security points are pretty strict on checking your baggage before getting into the airport lounges.

The last thing I can't get out of my mind is the name of Shark Bay. There must be sharks in there :o Hopefully the guys don't have an encounter with one but wouldn't put it past the goat for another evil cliffhanger.

Thanks for the chapter CJ :)

I'm hoping that George and Bridget, in their aloof smugness, will trip themselves up. They've held the cards too long and seem very over confident. Sanchez may just find out what's been left behind on the Aires and serve Bridget and Geoeg's heads on their respective platters.

Having the new chapters arrive a few weeks apart is exquisite pain-pleasure. I check everyday. When a new one appears, it's like getting a long expected package in the mail. At times it interferes with my getting work done, but well worth the sacrifice. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, this story takes place before 9-11 so Security isn't that tight.

This story takes place in 2005 or 2006

911 is 2001

So yes Security is Tight

But I'm not sure what is done in Austrailia?

I haven't left the country since 911

I'm hoping that George and Bridget, in their aloof smugness, will trip themselves up. They've held the cards too long and seem very over confident. Sanchez may just find out what's been left behind on the Aires and serve Bridget and Geoeg's heads on their respective platters.

Having the new chapters arrive a few weeks apart is exquisite pain-pleasure. I check everyday. When a new one appears, it's like getting a long expected package in the mail. At times it interferes with my getting work done, but well worth the sacrifice. Thanks.

I wonder whats giving briget a headache ... Sanchez is going to deliver on his promise this time ... so what is she worrying now...

Its not like right now Sanchez can prove different the situation nor can he get the ares info ... unless he finds the boat in Austrailia

as far as she knows its in the atlantic ...

All she has is a series of what ifs or in case of - senerios

It be cool if Trevor finds his mom or relatives very soon ... perhaps shark bay??

bu i guess many of u will say no .... well its going to be thanks giving and then plus four weeks Joel and Lisa

that give CJ at least 4 to 8 chapters to keep us guessing

I wonder what the chapter sniffers will turn up?

- - - -

So far Trevor and Shane are in good company with each other similarities

Now they both can bait the women for more tips

They will at least have a good time

The good question is will we get more clues in austrailia?

or just get more clues from Harry and officer Gonzales

Gosh we could use more of the Gonzales upping the heat

but he can't do anything to alert george

So I guess we will see the FBI or CIA or NSA involved

Another character for CJ to add

unless Lisa and Joel are get good at finding out that Bridget was bugging them

then deside to do some re-directs and get BG in trouble

Great Story. Thank you.

Lets see now! Officers Fowlers wife + Key Lime Pie = Florida

I wonder how long she has been in Australia

B)..................... Excellent catch!! I'm sure Officer Fowler told his wife of Trevor's amazing adventure, including his name. If it was Trevor's mother, I'm sure she would have told her husband. So, I'm inclined to think that she got the recipe from someone else, my money is still on Mrs. Blake! George is too cocky and confident and he doesn't even know he's under surveillance, will Gonzales or Henry catch him planting the coke on Joel and Lisa? Still waiting for the 2 meetings, Joel & Lisa's, and Dirk and Jim's, it should prove to be very informative for all sides. And I'm still waiting for as a certain pirate to wake up so Gonzales can be clued in to all the information. Great chapter CJ!

Mmmmmmmm, key lime pie :P

I'm definitely going to have to read this chapter over again. It seems like nothing really happened, but I'm sure there are clues amongst the words. Not like the goat to give us a nice tranquil, non cliffhanging chapter without some thing that should set our spidey senses tingling.

It's too bad Trevor can't think the way that we are reading. If he could he would see that Shane's flirting and such may be just the same as the way he wore speedos and flirted with women to make more money as well as keep the suspicion off of him being gay. Wonder if Shane is the same way. Shane's comment about not being a prude makes me hope that maybe after meeting Mr.Blake, they are sailing isolated and Shane suggests some nude sun tanning. Not like it will mean too much to Trevor who spent months naked in the Southern Ocean. The warmth probably would feel good.

As far as the plan to hide the cocaine on Joel and Lisa's bags before flying, isn't there some kind of check before they leave. I know when leaving Canada you have to clear through American customs while still in Canada. This includes a baggage search with dogs in the area as well. Then when leaving the states, you don't have to go through customs again, but the American security points are pretty strict on checking your baggage before getting into the airport lounges.

The last thing I can't get out of my mind is the name of Shark Bay. There must be sharks in there :o Hopefully the guys don't have an encounter with one but wouldn't put it past the goat for another evil cliffhanger.

Thanks for the chapter CJ :)

Clues? Would I leave clues? 0:) (Yeah, there are a lot in this chapter.)

And yep, Key Lime Pie, which is why I warned that the chapter might be fattening. :read:

Trevor is in deadly danger: of running into trees and falling over things due to Shane being around. :lmao:

The coke: good point, but coming to the US from Canada is a bit different. US customs actually has personnel and checks you at major Canadian airports, so when you arrive in the US, no customs. That's a unique arrangement, and doesn't hold most anywhere else. Hand baggage would indeed face security checks, but checked baggage is often scanned for explosives but rarely opened before a flight, and then you go through customs and (often) inspection at your destination. So, it's likely that a checked bag would get the coke on the plane just fine, and not be discovered until arriving in Australia. (especially when aided by an anonymous tip).

And yes indeed, there are sharks in Shark Bay. It's named that for a reason. :) Here's a list I found.

Tiger shark (Galeocerdo cuvier)

Western wobbegong (Orectolobus hutchinsi)

Spotted wobbegong (Orectolobus maculatus)

Banded wobbegong (Orectolobus halei)

Grey carpet shark (Chiloscyllium punctatum)

Epaulette shark (Hemiscyllium ocellatum)

Zebra shark (Stegastoma fasciatum)

Whale shark (Rhincodon typus)

Grey nurse shark (Carcharias taurus)

White shark (Carcharodon carcharias)

Shortfin mako (Isurus oxyrinchus)

Whiskery shark (Furgaleus macki)

Pencil shark (Hypogaleus hyugaensis)

Weasel shark (Hemigaleus microstoma)

Fossil shark (Hemipristis elongata)

Spinner shark (Carcharhinus brevipinna)

Nervous shark (Carcharhinus cautus)

Whitecheek shark (Carcharhinus dussumieri)

Bull shark (Carcharhinus leucas)

Blacktip reef shark (Carcharhinus melanopterus)

Dusky shark (Carcharhinus obscurus)

Sandbar shark (Carcharhinus plumbeus)

Lemon shark (Negaprion acutidens)

Milk shark (Rhizoprionodon acutus)

Whitetip reef shark (Triaenodon obesus)

Scalloped hammerhead (Sphyrna zygaena)

Great hammerhead (Sphyrna mokarran)

Smooth hammerhead (Sphyrna zygaena)

Creek whaler (Carcharhinus fitzroyensis)

Tawny nurse shark (Nebrius ferrugineus)

Common blacktip shark (Carcharhinus limbatus)

Grey reef shark (Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos)

Pigeye shark (Carcharhinus amboinensis)

Silvertip shark (Carcharhinus albimarginatus)

Many of those are harmless, but many on the list, such as the Bull, Mako, Tiger, and Great White, are not quite harmless. :boy:

Great Story. Thank you.

Lets see now! Officers Fowlers wife + Key Lime Pie = Florida

I wonder how long she has been in Australia

Thanks, and welcome to the forum! :2thumbs:

Key Lime Pie is indeed a regional specialty, from the Florida Keys. I think it was very nice of Officer Fowler's wife, Shelly, to make one for Trevor. :)

If I remember correctly, this story takes place before 9-11 so Security isn't that tight.

In this chapter, it's the end of November, 2006. The story prologue, though, takes place in 1997. :)

Thank you!!!

Usually, the chapters post every week, on Tuesday. However, that might not be true for this coming week; we might not get a chapter until next Tuesday (I was sick for several weeks in January, and am still getting caught up.) I'll post an announcement if we'll be skiping a week, and I should know by Friday. :)

I wonder whats giving briget a headache ... Sanchez is going to deliver on his promise this time ... so what is she worrying now...

Its not like right now Sanchez can prove different the situation nor can he get the ares info ... unless he finds the boat in Austrailia

as far as she knows its in the atlantic ...

All she has is a series of what ifs or in case of - senerios

It be cool if Trevor finds his mom or relatives very soon ... perhaps shark bay??

bu i guess many of u will say no .... well its going to be thanks giving and then plus four weeks Joel and Lisa

that give CJ at least 4 to 8 chapters to keep us guessing

I wonder what the chapter sniffers will turn up?

- - - -

So far Trevor and Shane are in good company with each other similarities

Now they both can bait the women for more tips

They will at least have a good time

The good question is will we get more clues in austrailia?

or just get more clues from Harry and officer Gonzales

Gosh we could use more of the Gonzales upping the heat

but he can't do anything to alert george

So I guess we will see the FBI or CIA or NSA involved

Another character for CJ to add

unless Lisa and Joel are get good at finding out that Bridget was bugging them

then deside to do some re-directs and get BG in trouble

Bridget is under quite a bit of stress; she wanted Trevor dead so this would all be behind her, and she has concerns, such as if Sanchez ever finds out what's hidden on Ares.

There's a great deal that we learn in coming chapters. For example, the date given for the expiry of the last statutes of limitations on Dirk is Dec 16th, less than three weeks from this chapter. We'll learn far more than clues when that happens. :)

B)..................... Excellent catch!! I'm sure Officer Fowler told his wife of Trevor's amazing adventure, including his name. If it was Trevor's mother, I'm sure she would have told her husband. So, I'm inclined to think that she got the recipe from someone else, my money is still on Mrs. Blake! George is too cocky and confident and he doesn't even know he's under surveillance, will Gonzales or Henry catch him planting the coke on Joel and Lisa? Still waiting for the 2 meetings, Joel & Lisa's, and Dirk and Jim's, it should prove to be very informative for all sides. And I'm still waiting for as a certain pirate to wake up so Gonzales can be clued in to all the information. Great chapter CJ!

Yep, a touch of overconfidence in George. As an aside, it's very common for dirty cops to be oblivious to surveillance; they are so used to being on the other side of the game that they forget they can be watched too.

CJ :)

And yes indeed, there are sharks in Shark Bay. It's named that for a reason. :) Here's a list I found.

I bet it's not as nervous as I'd be... :unsure:

I still don't think we've any justification, other than our own preconception, to suppose that Shane is flirting with Trevor. It's not impossible but I don't think anything in the tale has given us anything concrete.

It's possible that any drugs planted in Joel and Lisa's luggage would be found by sniffer dogs before departing the US, but that wouldn't really help them - the Americans aren't exactly known for their tolerant attitudes in this area any more than the Australians. In either event, they'd be out of the way for a good wee while. Their protestations of innocence might be easier to verify in the States, but they might well still fall on deaf ears.

That journalist bothers me. With a bit of luck the coastguards might catch on to him and, by letting him in on the whole story, persuade him that it's a really bad idea for Trevor's whereabouts to be broadcast. It surely seems likely, though, that the rumours in Carnarvon will have made their way sufficiently into the public domain for Sanchez to hear about them independently. I mean, does no-one in the town blog?

Oh and, incidentally, the key lime pie thing - google returns more than half a million hits for a recipe. Mrs Fowler might just like limes - there's no reason to suppose that she has any connection to Florida far less that she's Trev's mum.

I mean, the speculation is fun an' all, but speculation is all it is.

Edited by Low Flyer

well if the bad guys have their way trevor and shane make tender morsels feeding many types of sharks and marine life

hey cj there's an issue ,,, with trevors high calorie in take ... he should have been in the hospital on iv and electrolytes for a week

he hasn't eaten his 20 hamburgers and five shakes per day regiment

for swimmer he's been very inactive ,,, makes joel the top swimmer than Trevor

ok the key lime pie is his vitamin c booster :great:

Tiger shark (Galeocerdo cuvier)

Western wobbegong (Orectolobus hutchinsi)

Spotted wobbegong (Orectolobus maculatus)

Banded wobbegong (Orectolobus halei)

Grey carpet shark (Chiloscyllium punctatum)

Epaulette shark (Hemiscyllium ocellatum)

Zebra shark (Stegastoma fasciatum)

Whale shark (Rhincodon typus)

Grey nurse shark (Carcharias taurus)

White shark (Carcharodon carcharias)

Shortfin mako (Isurus oxyrinchus)

Whiskery shark (Furgaleus macki)

Pencil shark (Hypogaleus hyugaensis)

Weasel shark (Hemigaleus microstoma)

Fossil shark (Hemipristis elongata)

Spinner shark (Carcharhinus brevipinna)

Whitecheek shark (Carcharhinus dussumieri)

Bull shark (Carcharhinus leucas)

Blacktip reef shark (Carcharhinus melanopterus)

Dusky shark (Carcharhinus obscurus)

Sandbar shark (Carcharhinus plumbeus)

Lemon shark (Negaprion acutidens)

Milk shark (Rhizoprionodon acutus)

Whitetip reef shark (Triaenodon obesus)

Scalloped hammerhead (Sphyrna zygaena)

Great hammerhead (Sphyrna mokarran)

Smooth hammerhead (Sphyrna zygaena)

Creek whaler (Carcharhinus fitzroyensis)

Tawny nurse shark (Nebrius ferrugineus)

Common blacktip shark (Carcharhinus limbatus)

Grey reef shark (Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos)

Pigeye shark (Carcharhinus amboinensis)

Silvertip shark (Carcharhinus albimarginatus)

I was in northern Queensland twice in the 1990's, and there they love to tell tall stories about sharks. I wonder if that is the same in Western Australia :boy:.

Anyway, I love this story and I do hope you'll manage to keep posting regularly. Trevor is only halfway around the world yet ...

I like the way you worked the key lime pie into this Australian chapter... nice touch of home for Trevor :)

Edited by Pipo

I bet it's not as nervous as I'd be... :unsure:

I still don't think we've any justification, other than our own preconception, to suppose that Shane is flirting with Trevor. It's not impossible but I don't think anything in the tale has given us anything concrete.

It's possible that any drugs planted in Joel and Lisa's luggage would be found by sniffer dogs before departing the US, but that wouldn't really help them - the Americans aren't exactly known for their tolerant attitudes in this area any more than the Australians. In either event, they'd be out of the way for a good wee while. Their protestations of innocence might be easier to verify in the States, but they might well still fall on deaf ears.

The name "Nervous shark" did crack me up... And I agree, I'd be more nervous too!

Shark Bay has, as near as I can tell, the highest concentration (and variety) of sharks on earth. What better place for Trevor to have a nice, relaxing voyage? :ph34r:

Good point on the sniffer dogs, though those sweeps are only occasional in outbound luggage, but they do occur.

The other option Bridget and George are weighing is sending a tracking device instead.

:)

well if the bad guys have their way trevor and shane make tender morsels feeding many types of sharks and marine life

hey cj there's an issue ,,, with trevors high calorie in take ... he should have been in the hospital on iv and electrolytes for a week

he hasn't eaten his 20 hamburgers and five shakes per day regiment

for swimmer he's been very inactive ,,, makes joel the top swimmer than Trevor

ok the key lime pie is his vitamin c booster :great:

No need to worry about the bad guys feeding Trevor and Shane to the sharks... not entirely anyway: they'd have to at least save a head, to fulfill Sanchez's "head on a platter" promise. :)

And LoL, yeah, Trevor hasn't been doing his swimming workouts, and Joel has been active on the swim team, so unless Trevor shapes up quick, Joel will beat him by a mile.

I was in northern Queensland twice in the 1990's, and there they love to tell tall stories about sharks. I wonder if that is the same in Western Australia :boy:.

Anyway, I love this story and I do hope you'll manage to keep posting regularly. Trevor is only halfway around the world yet ...

I like the way you worked the key lime pie into this Australian chapter... nice touch of home for Trevor :)

The Australians have been great to him. :)

Thanks!!

Okay, though the chapter will be delayed a week (sorry!) here's the title of the 69: The Great Australian Blight

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..