Seth MacFarlane sitcoms

Any fans of Family Guy, American Dad or The Cleveland Show here? Now, I know Glee isn't the only thing you folks watch.

Anyone else feeling that FG is on the decline and it's now tear inducingly boring?

American Dad, imho, takes the place where FG stood a couple of years ago, not so sure about Cleveland b/c I haven't watched much of it yet.

I wonder why there's this huge discord, they're all made by the same team of talents under MacFarlane.

I've never seen The Cleveland Show or American Dad but I HATE Family Guy. It's not funny and it's terribly overquoted. In my opinion anyway.

American Dad is much more structured and the character are much more consistent. No cutaway gags, random scenes, impossible scenarios or jokes that are forced awkwardly into the script.

Used to watch Family Guy a lot, haven't much of Cleveland Show and American Dad.

Can't say I find it surprising that Family Guy's dropping. There's only so much "This reminds of that time when/This is just like that time when...."(insert unrelated cutaway flashback scene here) gags that one show can use before it's tiresome. I used to laugh when people said Family Guy was as good as Simpsons at it's peak.

Edited by Percivial

I've pretty much stopped watching newer Family Guy episodes. I stick to the older ones on the rare occasion that I watch it. It has gotten very obnoxious lately and I can't take much of it anymore.

It's been some time since FG came out with good episodes so I stopped watching it. AD is good, but I don't really watch many episodes to compare it to FG at it's peak.

I watched a few episodes of The Cleveland Show and imo it's pretty bad. almost worse than the latest FG episodes. McFarland for some reason decides to ruin Cleveland's character theres a couple of bears, the son got fatter...it's just a mess.

Kinda off topic, but I would recommend watching

on FX or Hulu. It's really funny, kinda low brow, but way better than FG.

Family Guy was not good at first, it got much better, now it's declining again. American Dad ... watched the first episode, and never watching it again. Cleveland Show, watched first two episodes, not watching it again.

Funny, I just heard on TV that Seth Mc is bringing back the Flintstones.

I heard!!!

Not sure whether this is an exciting or facepalm moment but I can't wait to find out!

Family Guy has always gotten really old really quickly for me. Small doses are okay, but too much and it's just horrible. American Dad is hilarious, I LOVE that show. The Cleveland Show though sucks. I can't believe he does it, honestly, because it's really bad. Worse than the Joe spinoff after Friends ended kind of bad.

I'd like for him to leave Fox, because he's pretty damn hilarious and I think he could have more freedom (and be more adult-oriented) if he would hop ship over to Comedy Central. A lot of the shows they've tried to throw out alongside South Park have bombed (that stupid reality tv show cartoon ripoff, workaholics, and now tosh.0 has gotten pretty crappy), though I must admit Ugly Americans is pretty awesome. If he did though, I think he could be awesome writing Futurama or something new.

That could either be amazing or suck.

I think suck.

Let’s face it; studios have a LONG history of trying to remake/bring back classics and failing badly.

Scooby Doo for one. I loved the original, but hated what they did to it after they brought it back. Some things are best left untouched and remembered as true classics. Raking over old ground and making a hash of it merely soils the genius of what’s gone before.

You never know, the Flintstones maybe the exception to the rule, but I for one am not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Family Guy has always gotten really old really quickly for me. Small doses are okay, but too much and it's just horrible. American Dad is hilarious, I LOVE that show. The Cleveland Show though sucks. I can't believe he does it, honestly, because it's really bad. Worse than the Joe spinoff after Friends ended kind of bad.

I'd like for him to leave Fox, because he's pretty damn hilarious and I think he could have more freedom (and be more adult-oriented) if he would hop ship over to Comedy Central. A lot of the shows they've tried to throw out alongside South Park have bombed (that stupid reality tv show cartoon ripoff, workaholics, and now tosh.0 has gotten pretty crappy), though I must admit Ugly Americans is pretty awesome. If he did though, I think he could be awesome writing Futurama or something new.

Please even if the Robot Devil tempts you, don't ever go there :D

I like the new Futurama a lot more than I like Family Guy now, but I have always liked Futurama, probably because it satisfies my inner nerd. Futurama has a story and sometimes it might even make you cry a little as you laugh your ass off (Yes, the thing about Fry going FORWARD in time in the new season did get to me)

Family guy just gets worse and worse each episode. It's not really the writing quality, but the story lines. The only episodes I used to like watching were Stewie and Brian episodes, which were fun and entertaining as they were the only characters on Family guy that made any sense (A talking liberal dog and a genius gay baby trying to take over the world; it could have been a TV show on its own.) Then the thing about them being stuck inside the bank happen, ugh! I did not want to see that episode; there were so many things about it that seemed wrong and the emotions were tacked on. Now, even that element in Family guy seems to be crap, literally if you know the reference.

As for American Dad, it's funny and boring at the same time. Depends on how they make the joke and what it's about. The last one I saw about the Home remodelling was funny; especially the gay couple taking the marriage certificate to show they were the better couple :P I will admit that won a lot of brownie points with me, but the way they played out the entire episode with rips from sleepless in Seattle was priceless.

As for Cleveland Show, I will freely admit to finding it kind of amusing with layers of black humor, which is kind of subtle, but I do agree that the show doesn't have any real staying power for me. I don't really care about Cleveland or his family much, nor do I care about the wild adventures into black history nostalgia. I mean maybe it would be funny if I grew up watching Mr. T, Shaft, and Huggy Bear, but it's 2011, not 1991. The only reason I know the jokes they are making was that I watch TV Land re-runs sometimes when there's nothing good on in regular TV.