Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99 +5) Heading North

Heading North is up. Posted Image

We're still using Aussie Maths for chapter numbering, to enable me to keep my promise to keep the story under 100 chapters. (otherwise, I'd have to admit that I'm a long-winded blabbermouth who cannot count). Posted Image

Also, some story news; as we enter the final stretch, I ran into an issue with the upcoming chapters. Basically, I could either cut them where I felt they should be cut, to make chapters that IMHO work as a whole, or I could cut them to make standard sized chapters. So, I cut them where I felt they ought to be cut, resulting in approximately double-sized chapters, starting next week for two weeks. Posted Image

CJ Posted Image

Also, some story news; as we enter the final stretch, I ran into an issue with the upcoming chapters. Basically, I could either cut them where I felt they should be cut, to make chapters that IMHO work as a whole, or I could cut them to make standard sized chapters. So, I cut them where I felt they ought to be cut, resulting in approximately double-sized chapters, starting next week for two weeks.

So, just to be clear, for the next two weeks, you're going to be forcing us, regardless of the consequences, to read twice as much of Circumnavigation as usual?

Isn't there something in your constitution about cruel and unusual punishments? And at Christmas too...?

I guess we'll just have to make the best of it... Posted Image

An excellent chapter. I think I might feel a little disappointed if the circumnavigation of the title turns out to be of Australia and not the globe, but I can see how it might fit the overall story better. To be honest, I'd like to see Trevor staying in Australia with Shane so there's a definite upside as far as what I want goes.

There aren't that many loose ends left (Basingstoke and Bridget/Sanchez) so maybe the return to the US might just be a travellogue. Not a problem from where I'm sitting, but it's not what the story's about so I can see why you mightn't want to write it like that.

Pity that that Navy guy didn't make a more strenuous effort to track down the cause of the radio blip... I think you were just toying with us. Playing with our emotions, if you will.

Something else we'll just have to put up with. Posted Image

There is a loose thread from last chapter. We were told that Bridget parked her car next to George's, then disposed of George, and then drove off. That would leave George's car sitting at the farm. Is the car still there? Doesn't its existence provide a strong clue to explain George's absence? Why, in this chapter, do the dynamic detective duo declare that George is in Miami?

Posted Image .................... Great chapter! Won't Henry's tracker on George's car let him know of the recent visit to the farm? George's absence from the meeting is bound to draw suspicion from Gonzalez's. I'm sure the Feds know who Sanchez is, should make a strong case against Bridget for at least a warrant. The reaction from Joel and Lisa was rather subdued in light of the revelation, still waiting for something to be found on the Ares left by Arnold. Wonder how long it is going to take for the Navy to contact the Coast Guard about the discovery of the tracker on the Kookaburra. Looks like Mr. B is making his own Christmas plans Posted Image I wonder what gifts he will bear?

Finally, I know goats can't count but make sense of this; "Two miles above, soaring like a guardian angel on high," Posted Image

that spy in the sky worries me.... just hope he gets "taken out" before he causes trouble.....

Loving the story.

I gree - especially since he had a package by his side in the plane that made him smile...

Posted Image .............. Ok my crystal ball says that the package Mr. B has is explosives meant to make a freak accident appear to have happened aboard the Kookaburra killing all one board with Trevor losing his head. Mission accomplished by Mr. B and Sanchez, who do not know that the coast guard is now aware of the tracker on the Kookaburra via the Australian Navy, whom will keep close watch of the boat and discover Mr. B's plant and catch him.

More likely is that Trevor will get a call on the satellite phone from Fowler informing him of the 'bug' which is also a transponder to detonate the bomb, Joel will find it and throw it overboard before it can be activated by Mr. B who is in pursuit via a powerboat. Failing at his objective Mr. B makes the mistake of trying to fulfill the contract on his own only to be met by some of Australia's most violent animals.

Just my thoughts...............I miss my nemesis in his opinion.

So, just to be clear, for the next two weeks, you're going to be forcing us, regardless of the consequences, to read twice as much of Circumnavigation as usual?

Isn't there something in your constitution about cruel and unusual punishments? And at Christmas too...?

I guess we'll just have to make the best of it... Posted Image

An excellent chapter. I think I might feel a little disappointed if the circumnavigation of the title turns out to be of Australia and not the globe, but I can see how it might fit the overall story better. To be honest, I'd like to see Trevor staying in Australia with Shane so there's a definite upside as far as what I want goes.

There aren't that many loose ends left (Basingstoke and Bridget/Sanchez) so maybe the return to the US might just be a travellogue. Not a problem from where I'm sitting, but it's not what the story's about so I can see why you mightn't want to write it like that.

Pity that that Navy guy didn't make a more strenuous effort to track down the cause of the radio blip... I think you were just toying with us. Playing with our emotions, if you will.

Something else we'll just have to put up with. Posted Image

Yep, close to four chapter's worth coming in the next two weeks. Think of it as a Christmas present. Posted Image

One the downside, this basically obliterates my chapter buffer, so... I'll try to avoid it, but there might be a skipped week after the Christmas posting.

I can give one assurance; the circumnavigation of Australia, if it happens, isn't the circumnavigation in the story title. That's a circumnavigation of the earth. Of course, it's always possible that it's just Trevor's head that completes it, but that's fulfill the title. Posted Image

Me? Play with emotions? Would I do such a thing as that? Posted Image

There is a loose thread from last chapter. We were told that Bridget parked her car next to George's, then disposed of George, and then drove off. That would leave George's car sitting at the farm. Is the car still there? Doesn't its existence provide a strong clue to explain George's absence? Why, in this chapter, do the dynamic detective duo declare that George is in Miami?

Billy (the guy there with Bidget) took George's car, tracking device and all. Posted Image

Looks like Mr. B is making his own Christmas plans Posted Image I wonder what gifts he will bear?

Finally, I know goats can't count but make sense of this; "Two miles above, soaring like a guardian angel on high,"

Maybe Basingstoke is just in the Christmas spirit? Posted Image

Okay, for the "Two miles above, soaring like a guardian angel on high," line, the two miles above means he's at roughly 10,500 feet, a nice, comfortable cruising altitude for a Beechcraft Debonaire. The Guardian Angle on high could mean he's keeping watch on them from on high, like we've seen him do before. Though, I suppose that it could be argued that Basingstoke isn't totally akin to an angel. Posted Image

Actually, George parked his car next to Bridgett's. The guy that was down on his knee's pretending to be Henry, had taken Georges keys and drove off with his car.

Yep, but why to Miami? Posted Image

that spy in the sky worries me.... just hope he gets "taken out" before he causes trouble.....

Loving the story.

Thanks!!!

Basingstoke, cause trouble? What sort of trouble could he possibly cause? http://www.gayauthors.org/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif

I gree - especially since he had a package by his side in the plane that made him smile...

What might that package be? There are clues to it, in prior chapters. http://www.gayauthors.org/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Ah, but the Aussies are onto the tracking beacon, if they can just figure it out...

True... though they have to figure out what it is first. http://www.gayauthors.org/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png .............. Ok my crystal ball says that the package Mr. B has is explosives meant to make a freak accident appear to have happened aboard the Kookaburra killing all one board with Trevor losing his head. Mission accomplished by Mr. B and Sanchez, who do not know that the coast guard is now aware of the tracker on the Kookaburra via the Australian Navy, whom will keep close watch of the boat and discover Mr. B's plant and catch him.

More likely is that Trevor will get a call on the satellite phone from Fowler informing him of the 'bug' which is also a transponder to detonate the bomb, Joel will find it and throw it overboard before it can be activated by Mr. B who is in pursuit via a powerboat. Failing at his objective Mr. B makes the mistake of trying to fulfill the contract on his own only to be met by some of Australia's most violent animals.

Just my thoughts...............I miss my nemesis in his opinion.

One thing is certain; Basingstoke is a pro, and so he's very careful, but he also can't work on this job forever. Taking too long risks both the contract, and also exposes him to risk for longer. http://www.gayauthors.org/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Time to announce the upcoming chapter title, which is "Click".

However, I'll go one better: I'll reveal the probably-unoriginal title of the following chapter (the Christmas one) as well: Christmas on the Farm. I'm really thrilled about this one; I've always wanted to do a chapter where it's both Christmas in the story and for us. :)

Posted Image

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..