Random talk~

minorwaltz

Hmm......

Ok,just like what you saw in the title,here's a random talk,

another random thought.

Well,I have been reading a lot of novel and stories here,

mostly romance one and a lot involves teenager too.

There's always about a guy who've fallen in love with another boy for the first sight,

and mostly,they were lucky because the infatuation were reciprocated by the other protagonist.

Then,the relationship will start and the love blooms and drama and yada yada yada...

Most of the stories were about the same I guess.But I love to read it,because it cause to wonder whether that will ever happen in reality.

I mean,does that kind of live story exist in real life?

I mean,yes,for the first few early part,where I,the protagonist of my own life,fell in love with another beautiful boy.

Then the crush becomes obsession.But,until then,the contradiction awaits,

cuz,for all I know,all the guys around me are hopelessly straight.I can't help but feeling hurt each time I see him.My eyes tell him I love him,whenever we were caught in each other's gaze.

• Site Administrator

I did have something like that; though in my case I'm a woman and I ended up meeting a man. I was 16, he was 20. Yes, we did like each other at first sight, started dating while I finished high school, lived together, got married, had kids, and are still together... oh 14 plus years later. So yes, it can happen. I think that gender doesn't have as much to do with it as just finding the right person. It's not easy to keep it going, but that moment of attraction at first sight, the knowing that the person you meet could be just right for you. Yes, it exists.

Then again, I didn't have too much trouble finding girls to be with back before I met my hubby either. I'm not naive; I don't think being gay and finding a partner is easy. It's not for everyone. I live in a pretty liberal area so I'm lucky. Life isn't always the same as a romance novel but; sometimes, just sometimes it can be.

I think giving up hope of finding that person where you have that feeling, that moment of connection and spark when you have that first kiss, would be a shame.

Can't tell if those kind of things happen in -real- life. At least with me, love hasn't been generous to get my feelings reciprocated.

Fortunately, I've never confessed to any of my crushes, nor I have talked (more than a 'what hour is it') to them enough to know everything about them. I do 'stalk' (more like watch them pass or see their facebook profiles/photos) them.

I know, I just sounded like some sort of creep (heh).

Edited by LemonPie

Cia:Hey,thank you.Well,I have to say,lucky you.

I hope there's nothing wrong with what you've said about stumbling upon the right person through the first gaze.

I don't know,my future is too vague,and the future career is the only thing that I can plan about and be sure of,at least.

I don't know,but I always hold a notion that I'll be all by myself in the future that I'll die,leaving nothing around but a lost hope of love(My god,I can't believe I'm saying this!).Sounds pathetic though.

I can say that you're lucky somehow,abiding in a quite liberal area,unlike me,stranded in a place dense with conservative living n breathing human being.

I can say,all of them,braced onto rigid religious belief.When,they found out about me,oh,godd,I can't imagine any severe tortured and tormented mind I'll have in the future.I don't know.......I don't know what to do right at the moment.

LemonPie:Heheh!I do agree with you,love in our life hasn't been generous at times.I did too,never confess any feeling but I doubt my action to do that though,I hope it's not too apparent.But,you're not a creep,well,at least for me,I mean,you can't help it right?So do I.I can't help it myself either.Sometimes,in my class,I would just take every opportunity I can get by turning my head around(he sits at the back) so that I can get a good look of him.Now that's even creepy LOL XD

Yes minorwaltz & lemonpie, even when I was 21 it did seem as if there was no-one and not much prospect of finding one. I was certainly almost in despair about it.

All I can say is that the best chance you have is to get to know more people. It doesn't matter what proportion of people are gay. It is plain that to stand the same chance as a straight person of finding a (gay) life partner you would have to know maybe up to ten or twenty times as many people. So when you have choices in your life (maybe most of them after you have finished school) you need to choose to give yourself the chance to meet more people.

And actually I don't think I acted like that and suppose many people never have a chance to choose between lots of friends and acquaintances and few. But there is no doubt in my mind that one of the best things anyone ever does to give them a good chance of a partner is go to college.

I do think Cia was amazingly lucky but so was I. I was 27 before I met my wife and had been gay almost the whole time since I first had sex and I told her I was mainly gay and yet we still took each other on and that will be 49 years ago in March! So I must be a little bit bi. And Cia is right I think, to say that it doesn't matter what sex your partner is if there is the right kind of spark between you.

Love,

Anthony

LemonPie:Heheh!I do agree with you,love in our life hasn't been generous at times.I did too,never confess any feeling but I doubt my action to do that though,I hope it's not too apparent.But,you're not a creep,well,at least for me,I mean,you can't help it right?So do I.I can't help it myself either.Sometimes,in my class,I would just take every opportunity I can get by turning my head around(he sits at the back) so that I can get a good look of him.Now that's even creepy LOL XD

Meh, that's not creepy, so don't worry heh. Maybe that's why I always sit at the back, even though I have bad eyesight.

Yes minorwaltz & lemonpie, even when I was 21 it did seem as if there was no-one and not much prospect of finding one. I was certainly almost in despair about it.

All I can say is that the best chance you have is to get to know more people. It doesn't matter what proportion of people are gay. It is plain that to stand the same chance as a straight person of finding a (gay) life partner you would have to know maybe up to ten or twenty times as many people. So when you have choices in your life (maybe most of them after you have finished school) you need to choose to give yourself the chance to meet more people.

And actually I don't think I acted like that and suppose many people never have a chance to choose between lots of friends and acquaintances and few. But there is no doubt in my mind that one of the best things anyone ever does to give them a good chance of a partner is go to college.

I do think Cia was amazingly lucky but so was I. I was 27 before I met my wife and had been gay almost the whole time since I first had sex and I told her I was mainly gay and yet we still took each other on and that will be 49 years ago in March! So I must be a little bit bi. And Cia is right I think, to say that it doesn't matter what sex your partner is if there is the right kind of spark between you.

Love,

Anthony

That was such a comforting post :3 Thanks.

Early Happy Anniversary? >w<

I like to think that i don't write instant love stories... I don't consider any of my characters in any of my stories in love right off the bat, that includes The Grey Wraith, despite what others may think.... :D

I don't believe in instant love, i have always believed love develops over time. It starts out as an infatuation however. Love is an obsession of sorts....though lol.

I believe in instant love. I know there are different kinds of love... the love you have for your parents, your children, your friends... and your lover, live partner, spouse.

You can't have the same kind of love at first sight that you have after being together for 10 years but that doesn't mean it isn't love.

Some people find it hard to say 'I love you' even after they ahve been together for years, for others it's easy to say after a week, or even after the first time your eyes meet. It doesn't mean that the love isn't love.

I have fallen in love at first sight... twice. The first time ended badly because I was already married and nothing could ever happen.

The second, was also while I was still married but I was unhappy and then, when my husband cheated on me, the man I loved, and continued to love for the 10 years we were together and, in a different way in the 4 years since we've been apart, held me together and we turned our love into something more than it had been.

It's all possible. Maybe not probably but definitely possible. And so, so worth it, even when it doesn't last.

Yeah a lot of these stories have a very similar central idea in them involving the whole one-in-a-million shot crush being reciprocated at like 14 or 15. I use to like reading them a lot but not anymore because I hate the feeling I get now reading them whereas they use to make me feel good.

To answer your question though, there's no doubt it happens in real life, but maybe not as often as these stories will make us believe. Even with straight couples, young love doesn't usually last for a very long time but when two people are really infatuated with each other, something's gonna happen. And there's gonna be closet case jocks who mess around with other guys in high school but usually I think it'll just be messing around. I messed around with a straight friend of mine back when I was 14 or 15. It was a 1 time thing though. But I definitely did have a lot of crushes back then too, none were recip-ed back at me, mostly because I'm sure they were straight and even if they weren't, I was a dork in middle school, so why would the hot closet guy have gone for me anyways.

I think what Anthony says is very true, that unless you put yourself out there, make loads of friends no matter what sexual orientation they have, then you'll never meet anyone. I used to think like you (kind of) that there was nobody out there for me and that I would end up alone, but even though I'm still single, I have decided that I am not ending up like that. If I cannot have that romantic love, then at least I will have lots of friends that love me. So that is my goal now, and if by coincidence, I meet that special someone along the way, I'll be even luckier.

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

Not even hetero people find love easily. My sister was 27 before she met her husband. She was in the Navy, worked as a waitress, is a social butterly and dated like crazy, but... didn't find that special someone. Not til she was stationed in Italy and started playing softball in the local naval league. He played on the guys team, she played the girl. They did a lot of weekend tournaments with camping and stuff, started as friends and when he got divorced, they started dating. They've been married almost 5 years now. When I met my hubby he was roomates with my also 16 year old best friend's boyfriend who was also 19/20. They are married too, btw, though their journey was quite different from ours.

Honestly, you just never know when you will meet someone. As others have said, you just have to be open to finding people, as friends and lovers.

Hey,Thank you,everyone.

I really appreciate everything you said here,

I guess,I'll hold on to your wisdom words there.

Yes,I'm still young now,there's a lot of amazing thing still needed my exploration,

Maybe love can wait later,I guess,you're right,

I'm not getting myself alone and despair straightly for it.

Thank you!And,Happy New Year!

Meh, that's not creepy, so don't worry heh. Maybe that's why I always sit at the back, even though I have bad eyesight.

That was such a comforting post :3 Thanks.

Early Happy Anniversary? >w<

Hahahah!Well,that's make the two of us here :)

You're funny LOL

Yeah a lot of these stories have a very similar central idea in them involving the whole one-in-a-million shot crush being reciprocated at like 14 or 15. I use to like reading them a lot but not anymore because I hate the feeling I get now reading them whereas they use to make me feel good.

To answer your question though, there's no doubt it happens in real life, but maybe not as often as these stories will make us believe. Even with straight couples, young love doesn't usually last for a very long time but when two people are really infatuated with each other, something's gonna happen. And there's gonna be closet case jocks who mess around with other guys in high school but usually I think it'll just be messing around. I messed around with a straight friend of mine back when I was 14 or 15. It was a 1 time thing though. But I definitely did have a lot of crushes back then too, none were recip-ed back at me, mostly because I'm sure they were straight and even if they weren't, I was a dork in middle school, so why would the hot closet guy have gone for me anyways.

Well,What can I say?I agree with you,love doesn't necessarily lasts,maybe one day,I'll found myself a great somebody who will love me,but for now,I think,the best is to drop it off cuz life goes on without a single second of interval.And that,I wish you found a great guy for you too ,Heheh!

Nowadays(No,actually,since centuries ago I think) people always looked for symmetrical face perfection,too bad,that people see by eye and not thoroughly by heart because true beauty lies within your eyes,and not by physical beauty vision.Sorry for blabbering heheH!

What does dork mean anyway?

I believe in instant love. I know there are different kinds of love... the love you have for your parents, your children, your friends... and your lover, live partner, spouse.

You can't have the same kind of love at first sight that you have after being together for 10 years but that doesn't mean it isn't love.

Some people find it hard to say 'I love you' even after they ahve been together for years, for others it's easy to say after a week, or even after the first time your eyes meet. It doesn't mean that the love isn't love.

I have fallen in love at first sight... twice. The first time ended badly because I was already married and nothing could ever happen.

The second, was also while I was still married but I was unhappy and then, when my husband cheated on me, the man I loved, and continued to love for the 10 years we were together and, in a different way in the 4 years since we've been apart, held me together and we turned our love into something more than it had been.

It's all possible. Maybe not probably but definitely possible. And so, so worth it, even when it doesn't last.

I agree with this,yes,it may won't last,but it's worth it.Thank You,I can see better through the way

I think what Anthony says is very true, that unless you put yourself out there, make loads of friends no matter what sexual orientation they have, then you'll never meet anyone. I used to think like you (kind of) that there was nobody out there for me and that I would end up alone, but even though I'm still single, I have decided that I am not ending up like that. If I cannot have that romantic love, then at least I will have lots of friends that love me. So that is my goal now, and if by coincidence, I meet that special someone along the way, I'll be even luckier.

I guess,All I can do is move on and stop being sissy,Hahah!

I think I can tag with fate fine,maybe,it's true,along the way traversing my life journey,I can found somebody special along the way and that I'll be lucky.

Not even hetero people find love easily. My sister was 27 before she met her husband. She was in the Navy, worked as a waitress, is a social butterly and dated like crazy, but... didn't find that special someone. Not til she was stationed in Italy and started playing softball in the local naval league. He played on the guys team, she played the girl. They did a lot of weekend tournaments with camping and stuff, started as friends and when he got divorced, they started dating. They've been married almost 5 years now. When I met my hubby he was roomates with my also 16 year old best friend's boyfriend who was also 19/20. They are married too, btw, though their journey was quite different from ours.

Honestly, you just never know when you will meet someone. As others have said, you just have to be open to finding people, as friends and lovers.

Thanks CIA.I Suppose I HAVe TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID,Hahah!Because you're always right in this case.

Love,

Anthony

Thank You Anthony,Cia is lucky and so do you,maybe I can found love somewhere,in a hopeless place. LOL

I wish you the best of your life and happy new year for EVERYBODY HERE!!

Well from one that found love through GA I can say its true. We were friends first. But it soon grew. I have no real life or social skills., my circumstances are so whacko. But I am in love. And its wonderful and magical. And I aim to tell him every single day that I love him. Because I actually do.

The first story I read here was (in)visible by Anyta Sunday. For the first time in my life, I felt good and warm. This girl knew how I felt, without even knowing me.

Well from one that found love through GA I can say its true. We were friends first. But it soon grew. I have no real life or social skills., my circumstances are so whacko. But I am in love. And its wonderful and magical. And I aim to tell him every single day that I love him. Because I actually do.

The first story I read here was (in)visible by Anyta Sunday. For the first time in my life, I felt good and warm. This girl knew how I felt, without even knowing me.

I'm happy for you bro~

Guest Kristen Wolf

True love is rare, and I think most people settle for mutual respect. I believe it can happen, though. The fact that it's so uncommon makes the experience that much better when it does happen. My cousin was 43 before he found his soulmate. The waiting is killer, but when you finally find the person who makes your heart stop, it's totally worth it. You just can't settle for Mr. almost right.