GA 4th Annual Playoff Pool

Nah, they're in good company. I hope the Canucks can pull an upset and keep my picks alive :P

Ugh!, the Bruins and Caps are tied, damn it I don't want this to go to game 7.

I don't really care for the Kings announcers, so last night I was watching the CBC feed online. And after the game was over, the 'Nucks fans started throwing trash onto the ice.

Yeah, that's a real class act there, what's next? Going to light something on fire?

I don't really care for the Kings announcers, so last night I was watching the CBC feed online. And after the game was over, the 'Nucks fans started throwing trash onto the ice.

Yeah, that's a real class act there, what's next? Going to light something on fire?

Told ya it wouldn't take them long. ;)

Oh well my bracket is trashed.

The only one I got right so far are the Flyers and Predators, crossing my fingers for the Bruins to win it all and atleast save my spread from being last place.

And the Brit is not doing to shabbily at all. I've got 3 out the 5 confirmed results, so I'm happy. The Eastern Conference going down to the last games is not doing my nerves any good though.

• Site Administrator

Just so you know, there are two people that are 100% correct so far guessing all five winners in the first round....they are the two that PM'd me with their picks. :P

One I'm sure you can guess, but who is the other mystery person :unsure:

Not bad, 3/5... but the loss of Vancouver is a big loss in my bracket, so I need St. Louis to go all the way in order to give me a good chance along with New York too. It doesn't help at all that the Game 7 of BOS-WSH will be held tonight, while NYR-OTT is tomorrow nights along with NJ and FLA.

• Site Administrator

Yikes Posted Image , With Boston and Vancouver gone in the first round, this will effect how high any one person will go!!

Congrats to Andy for being the only one to see the Washington win Posted Image

If the Rangers go out, then there is only one person left with an Eastern Team as the possible Stanley Cup Winners.

Let's hope St.Louis makes it past the next round or we will have no one picking the winning team Posted Image

Unusual year so far

Edited by wildone

Come over to New England Andy, we will give you a special award Posted Image

Well, I'm completely screwed and I think Matt can't maintain his his record, so who will win NHL 2012..

Okay, so from what I can actually see, the standings are (correct me if I'm wrong) :

Houdinii - 6

Krista - 5

W_L - 5

JC - 5

Andy - 5

NateB - 5

Rakuten06 - 5

Tet - 4

Ramon - 4

BlueSoxSWJ - 3

BillW - 3

Red A - 3

Percy - 2

Plus the two that texted in rather than join the forum. Can say it would be nice to hear Trev's picks :P As well as anony #2:p

• Site Administrator

Sorry, life got in the way of me posting Posted Image

Anyways, here is what I have after round one with the awarding of 5 points for every correct guess:

Bill W 15 points

Red A 15 points

Percy 15 points

Blue Sox SWJ 20 points

TetRefine 20 points

Ramon 20 points

Krista 25 points

W_L 25 points

Johnathan C 25 points

Andy 021278 25 points

Nate 25 points

Rakuten06 25 points

Wildone 25 points (If I was allowed to play Posted Image )

Houdini 30 points

Myk 30 points

And after the first round:

Trevor Time 35 points

PS. If you notice anything wrong with your scoring, please let me know by PM and I will check the originals that I screen captured at the cutoff.

Edited by wildone

What, reveal my picks? But that would spoil all of the suspense!

Anyways, last night the Coyotes won a 2nd round playoff game for the first time in franchise history. They were 0-8 prior to that. I know it's only one game, but I have a real good feeling about this series.

• Site Administrator

Tied for fourth place... That is my best result than last year Posted Image

Um, I think you are tied in 3rd spot, since there isn't Goals for and against to detrimine which actual place you are in :D

And, I'm sure I will hear about this from Trevor, but I reveal about his picks...

He did pick Boston in the first round :) But that shouldn't hurt him too much ;)

I can't believe I forgot to look up the most important factor before the playoffs started. Blinded by hometown loyalty. :(

The only teams that can win the cup this year are Anaheim, Buffalo, Los Angeles, and the New York Rangers. Two didn't even make the playoffs, so it should've been 50/50 to pick the winner this year.

Well the one good thing about my team being out is I can watch the playoffs and be stress and simply enjoy them. :) Last year's playoff run was wearing on the nerves, especially with all those game 7s.

Well the one good thing about my team being out is I can watch the playoffs and be stress and simply enjoy them. Posted Image Last year's playoff run was wearing on the nerves, especially with all those game 7s.

Especially the epic series with Montreal Canadiens :P