GA 4th Annual Playoff Pool

A quick note to those new to the NHL: the teams are re-seeded after the first round. This means that for both the East and West, the top remaining team plays the bottom remaining team. This is in contrast with March Madness, where an underdog that upsets a top seed "takes their place" for the rest of the way. For example, if Ottawa knocks off New York in round one, they do not automatically play the winner of (4) PIT vs. (5) PHI. They play the top seeded team still remaining.

My picks:

(1) NYR over (8) OTT in 5

(2) BOS over (7) WAS in 6

(6) NJD over (3) FLA in 6

(5) PHI over (4) PIT in 5

(1) VAN over (8) LAK in 5

(7) SJS over (2) STL in 7

(6) CHI over (3) PHO in 6

(5) DET over (4) NAS in 6

--

(1) NYR over (6) NJD in 6

(2) BOS over (5) PHI in 4

(1) VAN over (7) SJS in 4

(5) DET over (6) CHI in 7

--

(2) BOS over (1) NYR in 6

(1) VAN over (5) DET in 6

--

(2) BOS over (1) VAN in 6

Well aren't you cocky, even picking the number of games each series will go to. :P

Heh, I know nothing but I’m in Posted Image.

Round 1

East

New York

Boston

New Jersey

Philadelphia

West

Los Angeles

St. Louis

Chicago

Detroit

Round 2

New York

New Jersey

St. Louis

Chicago

First Round East

New York Rangers

Boston Bruins

New Jersey Devils

Philadelphia Flyers

in the west

Vancouver Canucks

St Louis Blues

Chicago Blackhawks

Nashville Predators

Round 2

New York Rangers

New Jersey Devils

Vancouver Canucks

St Louis Blues

For both of you, if NYR, BOS, NJD, and PHI all win in the East, New York would play New Jersey in round 2. It is possible for New York and New Jersey to meet in the Eastern Conference Finals, but it would require Washington to beat Boston in the first round.

My pick for this year

Eastern Conference

1 NY Rangers

2 Boston

3 Florida

5 Philadelphia

Western Conference

1 Vancouver

2 St. Louis

6 CHICAGO

5 DETROIT

Eastern Conference

1 NY Rangers

2 Boston

Western Conference

1 Vancouver

5 DETROIT

Eastern Conference

1 NY Rangers

Western Conference

5 DETROIT

1 NY Rangers

Red

My picks for this year:

Eastern Conference:

1 New York

2 Boston

6 New Jersey

5 Philadelphia

Western Conference:

1 Vancouver

2 St. Louis

6 Blackhawks (sorry Yotes, time for y'all to move to Quebec City! Posted Image)

5 Nashville

Eastern Conference:

1 New York

5 Philadelphia

Western Conference:

1 Vancouver

2 St. Louis

Eastern Conference:

1 New York

Western Conference:

2 St. Louis

Champion:

St. Louis in 7 (Halak vs Lunquist!!! :D)

Okay, the NHL is being difficult this year....

Usually you can pick a day when all teams would have 2 games in, but not 3. So as an advantage, anyone can go in and edit their picks up to Midnight on 16th. That is the start of Monday morning Posted Image

Because of the NBA lockout, there were some arena conflicts this time around. That's why the New Jersey--Florida series doesn't start until Friday.

Anyways, I will PM Steve my picks later this week. :)

As much as it pains me to post this, I don't think the Sharks are getting past round 1.

Eastern Conference:

New York

Boston

Florida

Pittsburgh

Western Conference:

Vancouver

Detroit

Phoenix

St. Louis

Eastern Conference:

New York

Boston

Western Conference:

Vancouver

St. Louis

Eastern Conference:

Boston

Western Conference:

Vancouver

Champion:

Boston

Round 1:

East-

New York

Boston

New Jersey

Philly

West-

St. Louis

Los Angelous

Chicago

Nashville

Round 2:

East-

Boston

Philly

West-

St. Louis

Nashville

Round 3:

East-

Boston

West-

St. Louis

Winner- St. Louis

LETS GO BLUES!! My hometown deserves a cup after so many playoff appearances.

Round 1

East

New York, Boston, New Jersey, Pittsburgh

West

Vancouver, St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville

Round 2

East

New York, Pittsburgh

West

Vancouver, St. Louis

Round 3

East

New York

West

Vancouver

Winner

Vancouver

• Site Administrator

'Nucks don't stand a chance Posted Image

The President Cup winners are down by 2 games after 2 games!

The President Cup winners are down by 2 games after 2 games!

Well, well. that wasn't a Calgary win, now was it? Where's the Calgary Flames ? Oh right, on the golf course. By the way, who's moderating this forum??? I sure hope it's not you. You seem conflicted. Seems like like Calgary fans are doing their usual when they are out out of the playoffs...cheering for anyone except the Canucks. Bitter sweet, n'est-ce pas?? The Canucks may well go down, but the Flames are losers...again.

Posted Image

Lol Blue for the save!

For those that don't know, we can all still change our votes as long as it does not conflict with another posters picks, right wildone?

I didn't expect to win this as I am new to NHL stats and don't watch as religiously.

As for moderation, hmmm, it's a good question, I thought it would be Trevor.

• Site Administrator

Shouldn't have to post this, but I guess I have to:

I have removed myself from any moderation of this topic. I have put forth to the Forum Moderation Team and Administration that I shall be not considered a moderator in only this topic. If I say something that you feel is offensive or report worthy, or anyone else does, then please use the report button at the bottom of any post. I will not weigh in with the Forum Moderation Team on any discussion on this topic.

Hopefully this will make me as accountable as everyone else or more, when we post about who we like and don't like in the playoffs. Sorry that this had to be posted but just want to cover all basis. Please do remember that the whole idea of this is to have fun, so let's have fun.

Edited by wildone
  • Site Administrator

Well, well. that wasn't a Calgary win, now was it? Where's the Calgary Flames ? Oh right, on the golf course. By the way, who's moderating this forum??? I sure hope it's not you. You seem conflicted. Seems like like Calgary fans are doing their usual when they are out out of the playoffs...cheering for anyone except the Canucks. Bitter sweet, n'est-ce pas?? The Canucks may well go down, but the Flames are losers...again.

Sadly Connor, you are wrong.

People here have a warped sense of 'loyalty' that they have to cheer for Vancouver or Ottawa in the playoffs. I personally don't fall under this delusion.

Let me ask you though, let's say you move to Calgary, Toronto, or LA.. would you still be a Canucks fan? If it was LA and they were out, where is written that you would have to then cheer for San Jose because they are also in California.

It amazes me that anyone would think because I'm Canadian that I should support either Toronto or Vancouver because of my nationality. It has nothing to do with citizenship. I dislike Toronto the most in the NHL, and Vancouver the second most. I'm not afraid to say it. Unfortunately Toronto isn't in the playoffs for you, only because then there would be another team to take my dislike factor away from your beloved team.

Lastly, I really don't see how stating the President Trophy winners are down 2 games after 2 games should be taken offense to. You must be flooding all the media across the world and holding everyone accountable of stating this fact. 'How dare they!!!'

• Like 2

Frankly, I don't give a crap whom you cheer for or whomever you want to crap on. Whine away all you like. My point, which you totally missed, is that Calgary fans, particularly when they're out of the playoffs, love to rag on the Cunucks. It's become a national cliche.

I enjoyed the Rangers game today, it made me happy to see that New York also isn't getting it easy. Posted Image (Go Ottawa)

(That's as far as I will go at taunting, not to mention the old Boston vs. New York Rivalry)

Plus, after the Bruins game, I needed a hockey game that released some of my anger and frustrations with fighting Posted Image

• Site Administrator

Remember, a little more than 24 hours to make any edits to your picks!!!

Is something surprising you? Were you expecting what has happened so far? Should you stay with your initial pick or do you tweek it and hope that your first guess was wrong?

:P

Actually this may make things more interesting :)

The three series that will have 3 games done by Sunday are:

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

Phoenix Coyotes vs. Detroit Red Wings

So looks like this may be beneficial in two of the 3 series :)

Shouldn't have to post this, but I guess I have to:

I have removed myself from any moderation of this topic. I have put forth to the Forum Moderation Team and Administration that I shall be not considered a moderator in only this topic. If I say something that you feel is offensive or report worthy, or anyone else does, then please use the report button at the bottom of any post. I will not weigh in with the Forum Moderation Team on any discussion on this topic.

Hopefully this will make me as accountable as everyone else or more, when we post about who we like and don't like in the playoffs. Sorry that this had to be posted but just want to cover all basis. Please do remember that the whole idea of this is to have fun, so let's have fun.

Who believes anything a goat has to say..... they are only useful for making stews and tacos....