I am requesting help

I'm looking for a real tear-jerker; anything, really, book, movie, song. Anything just as long as it makes me cry. Please do not suggest, for I have already seen/read/heard them: "Rent", "Beaches", "God's Will", "Concrete Angel", Hope was Here, and I think that's it. Anything else is fair game.

P.S. Internet Stories are even better than Novels, becuase they're absolutely free (to an extent).

grab the kleenex and read this one:

www.nifty.org/nifty/bisexual/highschool/missing-piece-of-a-piano/

and as ann said, one life is awesome too!!

All I got read was the first chapter (i gotta get to bed, like bad..its 1:46 ), but I dint cry yet...surprised though....what a sad way to begin a story :( .....

Say slaveboy.... I've always liked finding things that make me cry too...i wonder wats up with us... lol

Edited by xander
Say slaveboy.... I've always liked finding things that make me cry too...i wonder wats up with us... lol

LOL it isn't just you guys, I love a good cry! I shall definitely check out some of the suggestions here.

Darnit I know there was some book or movie that would make me cry everytime, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.....I can just remember either re-reading, or rewinding everytime and crying. Oh I know, I'm not sure if this is what I was thinking of but I found Cross Currents:

http://nifty-west.guiltygroups.com/nifty/g...cross-currents/

over at Nifty really touching. And hey I just realized it's been updated, I stopped on chapter 15 and was quite happy with it as a natural ending, but looks like there's a 16 and 17 too......almost scared to read em as I was already content with the "ending". Also try The Human Condition :

http://archerland.disbelieve.org/jfinn.htm

If you haven't already. But while these are beautiful love stories in my opinion, they may not be EXACTLY what you're looking for.

Edit: I just remembered something. Try the movie "What Dreams May Come", with Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr., and Annabella Sciorra.

Edited by AFriendlyFace

This may be a cliche, but, try watching (best to rent it so avoiding commercials) "It's A Wonderful Life!" I had never seen it until grad school, and, just before finals first semester (we were all majorly freaking out), the social committee presented it in one of the large classrooms. I was gushing like a baby at the end. Luckily, it took them a few minutes to figure out how to get the lights back on, so I had a chance to compose myself and revert to the Joe Cool persona that I tried to project in those days (fooling nobody, of course).

"Now I know I am not alone" by Dimi & Joey in the story archive is incredibly sad by the end. I challenge anybody to finish this story without crying. :(

"Now I know I am not alone" by Dimi & Joey in the story archive is incredibly sad by the end. I challenge anybody to finish this story without crying. :(

Try the movie "Water," currently in theatres.

It is about widows in pre-independence India, but is contemporary for non-straights, especially those who have experienced religious intolerance or persecution. Its central theme is the struggle of good people of faith who want to do the right thing and who are horribly restricted and oppressed through no fault of their own on account of largely unquestioned religious ideas founded in ancient holy texts.

You likely won't get through it dry-eyed even if it isn't personal for you. If it is personal, you don't have a prayer. Try not to see it alone.

Guest fayevalentine

I used to tear up when "Last Kiss" by pearljam would come on the radio.

"...I'll never forget the sound that night

The screamin' tires

The bustin' glass

the painful scream that I heard last

Oh where oh where can my baby be

The lord took her away from me

She's gone to heaven so I've got to be good

So I can see my baby when I leave this world..."

*sniffle*

To add to what Sharon said,

try "Beaches" and also "Terms of Endearment"

I also cry at "Moonstruck"...its both funny and sweet and romantic and makes me cry every time.

"Its a Wonderful Life" always does it for me too.

If anyone remembers Janis Ian's song "At Seventeen"...that makes me cry buckets..only cause it reminds me of being that age and the words are prophetic and I self identified a lot with the song.

Love songs make me cry...

here is one that is sad (The Blowers Daugher)...I just imagine a guy with beautiful eyes...its a sad, love song...

/Users/user/Desktop/03 The Blowers Daughter.mp3

I hope that helps.....

Michael

I used to tear up when "Last Kiss" by pearljam would come on the radio.

"...I'll never forget the sound that night

The screamin' tires

The bustin' glass

the painful scream that I heard last

Oh where oh where can my baby be

The lord took her away from me

She's gone to heaven so I've got to be good

So I can see my baby when I leave this world..."

*sniffle*

Oh My God! I love this song! My mom liked Pearl Jam a lot, and she played this cd once in the car, and I borrowed (meaning stole) it and haven't given it back. Nor do I intend to. I want to hear the original version, 'cause you know, that's a remake.

This one might get you teary, I'm not sure though...It will definately give you the chills though (in a good way, lol)...it's a poem by Ruth Gillis...

The Wreck on Highway 109

A drunk man in an Oldsmobile they said had run the light

that caused the six-car pileup on 109 that night.

When broken bodies lay about and blood was everywhere,

the sirens screamed out eulogies, for death was in the air.

A mother, trapped inside her car, was heard above the noise;

her plaintive plea near split the air: "Oh, God, please spare my boys!"

She fought to loose her pinioned hands; she struggled to get free,

but mangled metal held her fast in grim captivity.

Her frightened eyes then focused on where the back seat once had been,

but all she saw was broken glass and two children

Guest fayevalentine
Oh My God! I love this song! My mom liked Pearl Jam a lot, and she played this cd once in the car, and I borrowed (meaning stole) it and haven't given it back. Nor do I intend to. I want to hear the original version, 'cause you know, that's a remake.

Your MOM!! :blink: You make me feel so old LOL and I'm only 25.

Pearl Jam became popular when i was like 12 and I used to listen to them lots.

"Jeremy", was a sad song too, especially if you watch the video.

The boy that just "snapped" one day.

"Clearly I remember pickin' on the boy

Seemed a harmless little f**k

But we unleashed a lion

Gnashed his teeth and bit the recess lady's breast

How could I forget?

And he hit me with a surprise left

My jaw left hurtin', ooh, dropped wide open

Just like the day, oh, like the day I heard

Jeremy spoke in class today"