Favourite Stand Up Act

Ok. I've done a search and couldn't find anything similar.

These days so much of the stand up comedy is available on YouTube, and as a way of just chilling out and laughing for a while, I often go in search of some really good stand up comedy acts, so figured that, well as I don't know them all, it'd be great to share our fav comedy acts so that we can all enjoy a chuckle at one or two clips we've never seen.

So to kick off here is one of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

Edited by Yettie One

Difficult, nay impossible, to pick just one.

Billy Connolly has to up there, though, along with Eddie Izzard. If you like manic, these are the boys for you. I saw Robin Wiliams at the Met on video years ago. That was hilarious. He does manic very well, too.

Having grown up in the fifties and lived through the TV age and having heard about the famous radio shows I'd have to nominate Jack Benny.

Heres a link to a special that was done in his honor during the 1980's when Reagan was president....

• Like 1

Having grown up in the fifties and lived through the TV age and having heard about the famous radio shows I'd have to nominate Jack Benny.

See, Si, Sue, Yes Sir! Posted Image Tooooo funny.

Rodney Dangerfield

Rodney was really cool James. Good call. Posted Image

Don't know if it really counts as stand up, but Spitting Image was really funny.

I won't post any of the vids from their show as many would violate community rules (most of their parodies focused on political and religious issues), but here is their hugely popular #1 hit - yes folks, it really did spend three weeks at number one in 1986.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NemkBVSnUt0&feature=player_detailpage

• 2 weeks later...