What are you afraid of?

K.C.

Oh, yeah...one other thing...I am scared to death of really deep water. Like, I mean really really deep water.

So I take it that deep sea fishing the Marianas Trench is out?

Heights - I don't get the sensation of falling, I get the urge to jump. (I stay away from the edge.)

I'm happy to learn I'm not the only one who feels this. I don't fear falling, I fear the desire to jump that I get when I'm high up. It's not suicidal or anything, I just have an innate urge to leap. Maybe we were meant to be birds and something just got f'ed up along the way.

My biggest fear is probably becoming an astronaut, spending time at the ISS, and while there watching a giant meteor strike earth and wipe out all human life, then have to just sit there for days staring at the dead planet I once inhabited until I wither and eventually die painfully.

Yeah, far-fetched I know, but you asked.

I know where you're coming from - sort of. Recent live event with Felix Baumgartner jumping off the balloon platform - vicarious jumping experience - made me realise I wouldn't have any point of reference for 'fear' to be generated, and that I would probably relish the experience of dropping that far, that fast.

Yeah, I know, weird...

You could always do a Dark Star, and surf back down...

Edited by Xtro

So I take it that deep sea fishing the Marianas Trench is out?

You got that right! ;)

Ha! You gonna stick a toe in water that's got this in it? :)

Posted Image

-____- Yeah....No I don't think so. ;)

Looks like the mother-in-law Posted Image

LMAO. :lmao:

Thar be creatures in the deep stranger and more fearsome than you can imagine.

Last year the first ever giant squid was recovered in the South Pacific.

The thing was enormous. Scary part is that something bigger than him made calamari out of him.

Contradiction, but, being alone for the rest of my life........ and people. Posted Image

I don't think there's a phobia for it, but I'm afraid of man-made things underwater. Sunken ships, underwater towns, cars. It doesn't matter, they creep me out. I won't swim in rivers and lakes (I barely swim anyways since I learned) because I'm afraid of being over a ship or something. XP

Awe... Robbiee you're actually not the only one...

My greast Fear is Dieing alone and unloved (not fear of death)

My Phobias are in this order:

Fear of Heights (thanx grandma for that btw :/ )

Fear of parasitic Insects (the things give me the creepy crawlies..)

The last two over the years have gone down a bit.

Arachniphobia

Fear of snakes

~~~~~

Awe... Lacey :(

I love ships sunken or otherwise,

I guess it will never work out between us then :P

I wanted to thank everyone who took time to answer about their fears/phobias. It helped my kid so much with the data collection for her project having such a wide range of answers from so many people from different locations!

She did great, the judging was today for the projects and she placed 2nd in the school. I'm very proud of her! :D

• Like 4

Spiders. I friggin hate spiders. I'm getting better at either ignoring them or squishing them if they are in doors, but they creep me out, I love being out in the woods with my camera, so I've kinda had to get used to being near them, especially since their nests are beautiful and they make facinating photography subjects, but i feel like my heart is gonna leap out of my chest everytime Im in range to get good shots.