Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Slight delay, due to technical problem

Tonight's chapter isn't up yet as I'm having posting problems. As soon as I figure out how to fix them, I'll get the chapter up.

I've tried pasting it in from word the regular way, and also saving as filtered HTML and opening with firefox to past it in, but the formatting gets screwed up badly.

This may be due to a possible bug issue GA's software might be having, or it may be due to my very screwy (at the moment) ISP, or it might be due to me bungling it. (the most likely reason is the latter).

Sorry for the delay, I'll do what I can.

Update: I've tried using IE instead of Firefox, no difference. I'm going to try this with a different PC.

I ran into the same issue last night and pasted my text into notepad, saved it, then cut and pasted it from there into GA and it was formatted fine. Try that, hopefully it will work the same for you.

I ran into the same issue last night and pasted my text into notepad, saved it, then cut and pasted it from there into GA and it was formatted fine. Try that, hopefully it will work the same for you.

I just tried, and that mangles it too. It is mangled in notepad, then mangled in GA stories. However, it's mangled in a different way; the right margin issue is gone. I'll play around with it and see if I can make it work... 

Thanks!

Update; I played around some more, but it's still mangled after saving in notepad. The paragraph breaks are gone, the italics are gone, the carriage returns are gone, and there are weird gaps in lines. 

I tried Wordpad, which saves it fine, but it still has the original problem in GA stories if I do it that way.

Another update: I can't paste it into a forum post without the same mangling, so it's not just GA stories. 

You've obviously read https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/36355-posting-stories-from-word/

Word does some very funny things and Word based programs also (I've known Outlook formatting wreaked by Yahoo). No idea what the Gay Authors interface looks like or does, but the solution pro tem may be to paste the story from the simplest program that preserves the format.

As you've mentioned Word, you probably have WordPad as this was included up to and including Vista in the accessories group. May well be in Words 7 and 8 but I'm living in the past!

Try pasting into WordPad, saving as a new file and then re-pasting into GA. Worth making a very minor change to make sure your clipboard version is the WordPad version.

Your calender may be odd, and your maths not the accepted type, but on this issue, it doesn't seem like it's you!

You've obviously read https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/36355-posting-stories-from-word/

Word does some very funny things and Word based programs also (I've known Outlook formatting wreaked by Yahoo). No idea what the Gay Authors interface looks like or does, but the solution pro tem may be to paste the story from the simplest program that preserves the format.

As you've mentioned Word, you probably have WordPad as this was included up to and including Vista in the accessories group. May well be in Words 7 and 8 but I'm living in the past!

Try pasting into WordPad, saving as a new file and then re-pasting into GA. Worth making a very minor change to make sure your clipboard version is the WordPad version.

Your calender may be odd, and your maths not the accepted type, but on this issue, it doesn't seem like it's you!

I've tried Wordpad, and Open Office. I've tried saving from them, opening in Firefox and IE, and pasting, and also opening GA in IE (I usually use Firefox). I can't get it to paste in without totally wrecking the format (there is a known bug that our techs are working to fix, that began with the upgrade a couple of days ago).

Now, while I stand resolutely behind my calendar and Aussie maths, when it comes to technical issues, never underestimate my capacity for bungling. It may be a bug issue, but the workaround seems to work for some people. Therefor, I suspect I'm doing something wrong. :) 

It's being worked on (and so is the GA editor) so hopefully the chapter will be up soon. :)

The new chapter, Countdown to Doomsday, isn;t published yet (though might be any time now). The sidebar chapter announcement doesn't work quite right at the moment. :) It might be linking to the older chapter for some users. 

The first line of Countdown to Doomsday is,

"The Argentine patrol boat had briefly spotted Atlantis on radar"

• 7 years later...

Hi there! Where can I find all the chapters of Countdown to Doomsday? Also, I would like to know, where do you download your books? I don't know why I always have issues downloading some content or I'm not using the right websites. I always get errors and can't finish downloading it. I even got a free registry cleaner to try to fix that but I still have issues. Is there ant website or platform where it's easier to download what I want? Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by emmanuelglover

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..