New Systems

Sony needs to push out a next gen system that is affordable, innovative, and adaptive to 3D environments. The PS3 is still a powerful workhorse today as it was years ago when it came out. The multiple processors were overkill to be honest, especially since GPU, not CPU became the dominant area of gaming system needs.

I love my PS3, but I'd love a PS4 more if it were graphically even better, cheaper in costs, and is not only backwards compatible, but can enhance PS3 games with new rendering systems and controls. Imagine Assassin's Creed 3 played using an up-scaled PS4 enhancement and new controller towards the already fun game. (Tell me you don't want the ability to engage in hand to hand combat with your Playstation)

can ipad or android play the graphic n cpu intensive games?

It can do the old gta but graphically it has limits. I haven't seen a tablet with either nvidea or amd cards. Also you risk overheating your unit without dedicated fans.

Sony needs to push out a next gen system that is affordable, innovative, and adaptive to 3D environments. The PS3 is still a powerful workhorse today as it was years ago when it came out. The multiple processors were overkill to be honest, especially since GPU, not CPU became the dominant area of gaming system needs.

I love my PS3, but I'd love a PS4 more if it were graphically even better, cheaper in costs, and is not only backwards compatible, but can enhance PS3 games with new rendering systems and controls. Imagine Assassin's Creed 3 played using an up-scaled PS4 enhancement and new controller towards the already fun game. (Tell me you don't want the ability to engage in hand to hand combat with your Playstation)

As a programmer, I'm not sure how far you can do that without adjusting the base code for the game.

As a programmer, I'm not sure how far you can do that without adjusting the base code for the game.

Exclusive expansion :) (Playstation needs it)

I thought 3d rendering was partly device oriented along with maximum potential from your TV. The game sends the display settings out, but the device reads it for TV.

• 2 weeks later...

What I'm honestly most curious about is the new Steam Box by Valve or the Ouya. They're just so different from everything else we've gamed on so far I really want to see how they do. I'm still not convinced as to the Ouya's usefulness to full on gamer for example. And I don't know too much about the Steam Box - but wonder how is it meant to cope with newer, more demanding games?

I honestly don't care about graphic much beyond this point. How much more real do you want to get? Are we trying to reach the point where graphics make video game characters look like actual human actors? That has limited appeal to me. And there are many other ways to express yourself in a video - not everything needs to be real looking. Think of Journey or Ni No Kuni. What I'd much rather have is immersion. Move/Kinect type things are a start, but eventually I want the Matrix! :D

Also, I want video games to be recognised as art! I'm always pushing this when I'm talking to writers/painters/artists :P