A Map of where Craiglist's "Missed Connections" Most Often

methodwriter85

So, this is basically a map of the United States, with each state labeled as the most common locations where "Missed Connections" listed on Craigslist occur.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/fascinating-map-of-the-most-frequently-cited-locations-where

Pennsylvania and Delaware were both "convenience store" states...I'm guessing WaWa really does serve as a romantic connection for people.

I'm kinda surprised that South Carolina was the only "football game" state...I thought for sure Texas would be one, too.

I like that Idaho was called the Land of the Heterosexual Male, and Hawaii is of course the gayest state. LOL.

Isn't Wisconsin known as like the beer state, though? That totally makes sense.

I got a kick out of this because I like reading the "Missed Connections" section of Craigslist for shits and giggles. There ARE a far amount of WaWa missed connections there.

I think my favorite kind are, "You were such a friendly and helpful salesperson, and I couldn't help but notice you smiling at me."

Edited to add: Nope, I looked over it- North Dakota and Vermont are also bar states.

I just think it's funny that most of the states are Wal-Mart. I never would have thought Wal-Mart would be the place for a love connection.

Edited by methodwriter85

That map is pretty awesome.

My cousin in Oregon always posts up links to Missed Connections that feature her. She is the only girl at her work in a real small town, some of them are pretty hilarious.

Haha, most of the South is WalMart. :P

In some places you have to go to what is there. In many places Walmart is literally the only game in town. It kills its local competitors by flooding the market with cheap junk from China.

In some places you have to go to what is there. In many places Walmart is literally the only game in town. It kills its local competitors by flooding the market with cheap junk from China.

Trust me, I know. There is a large Wal-Mart about two minutes from campus, and its in the ghetto. When the welfare checks come in the mail, every hoochie mama and crack whore flood the place and its turns into an exhibit on why long-term welfare is not a good thing. :P We try to avoid shopping there on those days. 

I'll have you know that discriminating shopper in Mississippi go to Tar' get.

:P

I lived in a small Western Pennsylvania town called Indiana for two years, and I remember being told by people that Target would never come there because Wal-Mart would never allow a Target being close to it, and the town wasn't rich enough to support it.

I do wonder what it's like if you're a straight guy who gets an M4M connection. I remember this creepy series of postings about someone who not only posted the guy's name, but where he worked at Home Depot. It wasn't just one time, but serveral times. It eventually got to the point where the actual guy posted about how creeped out he was about it, and how he was getting merciless teasing about it.

I do wonder what it's like if you're a straight guy who gets an M4M connection. I remember this creepy series of postings about someone who not only posted the guy's name, but where he worked at Home Depot. It wasn't just one time, but serveral times. It eventually got to the point where the actual guy posted about how creeped out he was about it, and how he was getting merciless teasing about it.

How does a straight guy even know something has been posted about him on Craig's List M4M Missed Connections? How many people actually read or even know about Craig's List M4M Missed Connections?