Poor Yankees

Does anyone feel sorry for the Yankees?  The past three games, they have scored eight or nine runs...and lost all three games.

How about those Red Sox?

Red-Sox-logo4.gif

September 5, 2013

R H E

BOS   9 16 0

NYY   8 10 1

September 6, 2013

R  H  E

BOS  12 15 0

NYY    8   7 0

September 7, 2013

R   H E

BOS 13 14 0

NYY  9  12 0

Edited by MikeL
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, are they struggling.  If Mariano could have forseen what this season would be like, I'm sure he would have opted to retire last season.   

I agree.  It's much nicer to go out on a high note than to look like a star that has lost some of his sparkle. But with baseball, you never know.  We had all written the Cards off in late August 2011 so you never know until the end of the season.  

Man, are they struggling.  If Mariano could have forseen what this season would be like, I'm sure he would have opted to retire last season.   

Maybe, but he's been so good for so long that one bad season (even if its his last) won't ruin his reputation as the king of closers. 

Just for the record, Mariano did announce his retirement at the beginning of the 2012 season.  Then he had that season ending injury while shagging fly balls during batting practice - something he did quite regularly.  Not wanting to end his career that way, he announced he'd be back in 2013.

Mariano has had a good year.  He currently stands 3rd in the AL with 44 saves  Jim Johnson (BAL) is the leader with 48.  I don't believe there's a baseball fan anywhere who wouldn't admit that he'll be a first ballot entry into Cooperstown.

• Like 1