Suggest-me-a-story!

Voleuse

Looking for something to read? Post your brief here so others can suggest the stories they loved!

I love reading stories on here, but I'm also very picky. And there is waaay too much out there. So I thought this might work!

My demands :P

I absolutely hate stories in which so many people are gay, it becomes unrealistic. That whenever some new guy enters the story, you just KNOW he's going to end up in bed with the main character. I love to be surprised :)

I prefer mature stories set in the current time, although if it's well done I don't mind a little history or fantasy. My favorite story so far was Crosscurrents!

Allright that was it! Feel free to post what you're looking for as well :)

My demands :P

I absolutely hate stories in which so many people are gay, it becomes unrealistic. That whenever some new guy enters the story, you just KNOW he's going to end up in bed with the main character. I love to be surprised :)

I prefer mature stories set in the current time, although if it's well done I don't mind a little history or fantasy. My favorite story so far was Crosscurrents!

Looking at your "demands", the first story that comes to my mind is Heart of The Tree by Graeme. Yes, we all know the stranger will end up with the main characters. But the secret is that you don't know who the main character is till the very end of the Part 1. ;)

And if you're looking for new stories, I would suggest the Featured Stories in that GA Blog. Each week, a story is reviewed by a reader and it gives you an interesting insight about the featured story. It's definitely worth a look. 

Gay WWII relationship saga?

Which story is this one? 

Which story is this one? 

Starts in the 1930s at school and follows the two main characters as they grow up to adulthood and military service during the war. Well written, it evokes a feeling for those times and makes you care about the characters and their fate *shan't give any spoilers :P*

:)

• Like 1

Starts in the 1930s at school and follows the two main characters as they grow up to adulthood and military service during the war. Well written, it evokes a feeling for those times and makes you care about the characters and their fate *shan't give any spoilers :P*

:)

Sounds great. Would definitely give it a try during my free time. Thanks for sharing. :)

• Like 1

I think, "It Started With Brian" is one of the finest stories ever written.

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/dank/itstartedwithbrian

Love the stories of Dom Luka and Mark Arbour, they are definitely a cut above.

And the stories of Cole Parker.

http://awesomedude.com/coleparker/index.htm

I also loved Lem.

It was one of the first gay stories I ever read that wasn't stupid. It opened my eyes to the idea that there could be great literature in gay stories.

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/user/14603-milos/

I also loved Lem.

It was one of the first gay stories I ever read that wasn't stupid. It opened my eyes to the idea that there could be great literature in gay stories.

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/user/14603-milos/

Nice to see another Milos fan. I had a conversation with him back at the beginning of August. He said that 'Lem' was emotionally draining for him but that he was hoping to get back to editing the original work which was posted on Nifty, though perhaps in a rougher form. I've not been able to make myself read the nifty postings as I would prefer to read what the author considers his best version.

Private Tim is right. 'Lem' is a great story, although Lem and Mattie are just reaching the cusp of adulthood the subject matter is very mature. KC Grimm's story 'Pour Me Another' is another great story that is in process and once you catch up you can follow along with the rest of us, and not everyone is gay in it either. Though I hesitate to mention a story that is unfinished, I will say that Viv's story 'Underneath This Big Ol' Sky' covers both youths and adults, gay and straight. Even if the end never appears, which is a sad thought, it is absolutely worth the reading.

• 1 month later...