[Topher_Lydon] The Carter Series

I know I read somewhere that you want to have Carter dealing with becoming an opposition politician so you could chronicle him trying to squeeze in getting married before the Conservatives get rid of the equal marriage law. There are some out politicians in parliament but none of them have gotten married yet.

There are so many things I'd like to find out about my favourite characters:

- I'd like to finally find out what Brody does for a living!

- What happened to Matt after he went to U of Calgary... did he decide to stick with dating guys?

- Who does Peter end up with? Does he get along with his brother?

As for some conflict in the storyline... I don't know what you'll come up with but I'm sure it will have me not-so-patiently waiting for each chapter. You've got a CSIS agent, a politician and a soldier to work with so that should give you endless possibilities. You could have West posted to the British Embassy to get him back in the story.

What I liked most about the Carter series was the flawed but likable characters. Their failings made them more believable than most I've seen in many writings. I don't know what else to tell you as far as what I liked in the series but maybe telling you the books I liked best/least might be helpful:

Favourite book: Carter's Recourse (I liked the spy mystery part of it) and Carter's Shadow came a close second with three of my favourite characters (West, Peter & Matt)

Least favourite book: Carter's War - I don't know why but I never developed an attachment to Marc even though everything you wrote should have made him a great character.

Cheers!

Steve

- I'd like to finally find out what Brody does for a living!

No, no, no - that would just blow it. :thumbdown:

As much as I'd like to know also, actually knowing would sort of water down the mystery. I like changing my mind every book as to what Brody does for a living.

Sharon

Well I'd like here to open up a discussion about Carter's Rebellion, and to get some ideas from you the readers what you are looking for in this book...

More Will & Andrew

More West & Peter

Kill off Marc

Will & Peter hooking up...just once :*)

I agree with Steve(Rabble_Rouser)...favorite book Carter's Recourse, least favorite - Carter's War. I just could not get into Marc.

Vic 0:)

Edited by naper_vic
Will & Peter hooking up...just once :*)

Wow............. I dunno.... that would be... like wrong :P

hmmmm Will and his Sprog.... jees that would be interesting to write in an all kinds of wrong kind of way.

How to crush Andrew and West in one easy step.

Depends on readership response, I think.