The Fault In Our Stars Movie Trailer

methodwriter85

It's here- the movie trailer for the Fault in Our Stars!

In case you guys don't know, the movie is the adaption of the best-seller by John Green, which follows a terminally ill cancer patient named Hazel, and her whirlwind romance with Augustus. You would think that you'd get a maudlin terminal illness novel, but it's not that at all- it's about two teenagers having a romance that is as funny and real as it as sad and tragic.

As someone once put it, reading the novel was like having your heart shattered in a million pieces, but being glad for the privilege. I hope the movie can achieve that, as well as keep in John Green's wit and humor.

In any event, this could be the movie that turns the former Secret Life of an American Teenager actress into a big star. I really hope the movie can be even half as good as the novel was.

Edited by methodwriter85

No. Just no.

How dare you Hollywood?

I don't want to cry watching a movie. I don't want to feel something real.

Movies are an escape; from things like cancer, a boring, mundane life and uncomfortable reality.

Now: Go back to the drawing board and come back with some ridiculous, outrageous horse shit that makes me laugh.

I have absolutely no use for reality that makes me cry. I have quite enough of my own as it is.

• Like 4

I really like that they look like actual teenagers, especially Augustus. Ansel Elgort was inspired casting- he very much reminds me of a teenaged guy, very bright and intelligent, who tries to say meaningful, deep things in an attempt to seem debonair and worldly, but he still pretty much just looks like a 17-year old boy, especially with that quirky face, lopsided grin and lanky body. It would have looked wrong if they had gotten some 25-year old conventional cookie cutter hunk in the part. I'm glad they didn't. (Glares again at the casting directors for The Giver.)

Edited by methodwriter85

I haven't read the book, but I doubt I'll see it in the theatre. I don't need witnesses to the crying mess I might be by the end. Nope. It's a rental...

You can cry on my shoulders and I will cry on yours, if anyone asks, we can just tell them we're making out swan style :P

• Like 2

all the kids at school really love this book, but i'm not sure i can actually go into this thing with my eyes open knowing i'm gonna feel awful by the end. sometimes being an empath sucks. took me weeks to get over Dream Boy

no way in the seven hells or nine heavens am i going to read/watch another "i fell in love with someone who dies" movie/book.

two are two too many.

I watched on were a boy goes to college, meets a girl, falls in love, Daddy don't approve (his dad not hers), girl gets lukimia and dies and the father shows up and say's he's sorry and the story ends with the son saying fuck you dad... -_- i hated that movie it was both sad and very waistful of the sons life to hold this much anger to his father even after his wifes death...

worse still is that the dead wife tryed to keep the father and son together... it was annoying... even more annoying that my grandmother had the movie recorded so i had to watch it at least 2x every year no matter how i felt about the movie...

the other one is City of Angels, with Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan... -_- worste part is I knew as soon as the angel descended to earth something bad was going to happen, because Such things just aren't done...

Are you referring to Love Story? That's not how the movie ended- the son and father reconcile.

Love Story, by the way, is now a Harvard tradition where incoming freshman mock and make fun of the movie. It's pretty funny to read about.

Cel, you should watch one of my favorite movies...What dreams may come

Robin williams tragic life and colorful afterlife balanced the dark tones of his children death and his wifes suicide and descent into her personal hell, but it maintains sparkles of love and eternal devotion to your lover.

Cel, you should watch one of my favorite movies...What dreams may come

Robin williams tragic life and colorful afterlife balanced the dark tones of his children death and his wifes suicide and descent into her personal hell, but it maintains sparkles of love and eternal devotion to your lover.

no.

no.

Cute puppy dog eyes, please

I promise you it will make you happy in the end :D

However, if that does not suit your taste, try getting the hobbit desolation of smaug on dvd

• 1 month later...

I was really hoping they'd do a Fault in Our Stars reaction, and they did! Woo-hoo!

Good on John Green for his cameo. He's a really funny, intelligent guy. Check out his YouTube videos if you have a chance.

• 1 month later...

Alright, so the first trailer has garnered 16.7 million views, and the EXTENDED trailer came out:

Seriously, Ansel Elgort is perfect. He conveys lanky-teenaged hood, pretentious teenage ticks, and a sweet face that makes you just want to reach over and mess up his hair. Augustus's monologues could have been torture to listen to for someone with the wrong kind of voice. If this hits as big as people are saying, Ansel will definitely become a star.

I LOVE that they kept in the "take pot" line.

They're predicting the movie is going to make 120 million. I'm not sure I buy that, but there IS a feel in the air about this book and the excitement the trailer has engendered. Check out the Entertainment Weekly Cover:

EW-1310-Cover-Fault.jpg

It's our Hazel and Gus. They look so fantastic together! I can't wait for June 6th!