Teens React To Nirvana

methodwriter85

In this episode of Teens React, we see kids react to Nirvana, the seminal 1990's band that defined a generation.

I love seeing kids appreciating old music from another era. I grew up listening to Motown oldies station, and it's an annoying when people automatically reject something because it's old, and I love that these kids were able to get into this music.  Think about it- not one of these kids were alive or even in utero when Kurt Cobain existed. It's great to see that young people today can still find themselves relating to their music.

It is mind-boggling to think that Nirvana only released 3 albums, and they've persisted and endured long enough that people are playing their music on classic rock stations.

• Like 2

"I actually like old Music like that" :lol: I love that comment.

I love Nirvana and I still listen to their Music  :funny: But I can't understand that it's been 20 years ! How is that possible when I'm still 27  :whistle:  :blink:    :funny: 

I was so sad when Kurt Cobain died :(

I remember when Kurt Cobain died. Ugh. I and my crew of jocks were really down about that one. We were all huge Nirvana fans. There was something about his privileged-white-boy-cynicism that struck a chord within us.

Most people remember Nirvana from the album Nevermind, but it was their final studio album In Utero that seared itself into my synapses. I can remember, uhh, inducing an altered state of perception, if you get my drift, and then listening to "All Apologies" over and over. Not that I endorse either activity. :o

Anyway, it was damn fine music.

I continued to be a huge fan of Dave Grohl and his band Foo Fighters after that. My best friend and business partner, himself a good amateur guitarist, did too. I think In Your Honor is his favorite rock album ever.

• Site Administrator

LMAO. My kids were just like... what are you watching? Who is Nirvana? Yet they know ACDC, Van Halen, etc... so I don't feel so bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I adore Nirvana. My favourite song is Pennyroyal Tea, I think. But I like all their songs. 

Just a couple of days ago it was exactly 20 years since Kurt Cobain killed himself. Sad.

EDIT: Watching the video now, and the fact that one of those kids sounds surprised when she says, 'He sounds the same when it's live' makes me weep for the younger generation. Ugh.

Edited by Thorn Wilde

hey one of the teens is professing to be a groupie "I love him" lol maybe until she sees how old the guy is or was

He was only 27 when he died (same age as Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Robert Johnson and Amy Winehouse to mention a few members of the infamous Club 27), and teenagers have had crushes on far older celebrities. I think they'll live.

yeah but some may feel oh he's 27 like 50 years ago ... I can't have his love child ... he be an old fart if he was still alive

some may feel like u say 

agreed they'll live but there's many weird realizations that would shock ppl

He was only 27 when he died (same age as Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Robert Johnson and Amy Winehouse to mention a few members of the infamous Club 27), and teenagers have had crushes on far older celebrities. I think they'll live.

Surely you mean '71, not '75?

Yes- 71- my mistake.

I forgot. It's amazing that the Doors went from nobody to super-group between 67-71.

Edited by jamessavik

This is one of the bands "The Cool Kids" listened to in my friend's basement lmao. They were the Jocks,The Preppy Rich Boy, and the pretty girls all secret "Stoners". We'd hang out in her basement with them and play pool, I learned alot in those days about Sex,Drugs,& good music :). And for those brief moments we were "The Cool Kids". 

Heart Shaped Box & Lithium are probably my top 2 favorite songs by them. 

Are we all going to start growing our hair longer and bringing back those Grungy Sweaters? lol.