Word formatting in stories

Irritable1

• Site Administrator

Our text editor isn't the most Word friendly. It often strips or screws up the formatting. However, if you look at the text editor in Stories when you go to submit a chapter, there IS a table field. I can't get it to work, but that just might be IE and/or the Surface. You can try it. If not, you can use italics or use the insert horizontal line to off-set sections. You can also indent sections you want off-set as an alternative too.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I used a table format in the Dramatis Personae for one of my novels. I think I copied it from Word (actually, OpenOffice in my case, but it should be the same for Word), but I may have saved it as HTML first and then copied it from there.

Either way, it can be done :)

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I don't believe it's the same editor. I think the blog editor is the same as the forum editor, and that's different to the one in GA Stories (which has more options available to it). Have a look and see if the table option is available :) If it is, test it out. If it isn't -- sorry :(

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..