NickolasJames8 Posted February 27, 2006 Posted February 27, 2006 The BF and I sometimes jokingly refer to our household with our hyphenated last names when we answer the phone or invite people to parties - "Domaholic-Cruise residence, may I help you" or "You are cordially invited to the Domaholic-Cruise household for a night of food, fun, & friendship..." However, the name of our wireless network is a combination of the first part of his last name and the last part of my last name. "Cruaholic" So we have all kinds of fun combining our names. We would never get mistaken for brothers since we are both racially different. I guess the question is more for the children, that is, if we have (adopt) children. What last name will they take or will they hyphenate?? So were you mad when that reporter shot your man with water??? btw, i think hyphenated is cool.
shadows Posted February 27, 2006 Posted February 27, 2006 (edited) I like my name, it's an alliteration, and my initials are HRH (I get to pretend I'm royalty). Plus it looks like I'll be the last of my family to bear that name anyway. So, no. But I do love "The Princess Bride." I went around half of last year randomly repeating that line (My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to Die) to people. Ah... fun, much fun. Also many strange looks. //shadows Edited February 27, 2006 by shadows
AFriendlyFace Posted February 28, 2006 Posted February 28, 2006 (edited) I like my name, it's an alliteration, and my initials are HRH (I get to pretend I'm royalty). Plus it looks like I'll be the last of my family to bear that name anyway. So, no. But I do love "The Princess Bride." I went around half of last year randomly repeating that line (My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to Die) to people. Ah... fun, much fun. Also many strange looks. //shadows LOL alliteration rocks! And I'm sure you're royalty in your own right; you're king of the castle, lord of the manor, a benevolant ruler to the impoverished....well I bet so anyway BTW I LOVE your sig. Edited February 28, 2006 by AFriendlyFace
TheZot Posted February 28, 2006 Posted February 28, 2006 I like my name, it's an alliteration, and my initials are HRH (I get to pretend I'm royalty). Plus it looks like I'll be the last of my family to bear that name anyway. Aw, c'mon, that may well not be the case. You're young still, and while kids the 'traditional' way (with wife in tow) better not happen, if you want kids they're a real option for you. Don't go ruling it out just because you're gay. (I'll spare you the rant, but seriously -- if you want kids, you can and should have kids)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now