2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Sad News

TalonRider

• Site Moderator

I thought I would take a moment to let everyone here at Gay Authors know that on Ferbruary 21st, Nickolasjames lost his Papu. I was informed of this via email and I chatted with him briefly. He and his dad left for California Wednesday evening.

My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

TalonRider

Hey Nick,

I'm so sorry to hear the news; I feel terrible for you. I wish there was something I could or say to make it better. I'll be sure to keep him, you, and the rest of the family in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and hang in there.

Kevin

I'm sorry to hear about tha Nick. Hope you arre holding up, and i hope you know that we're all thinking about you.

btw, what's a papu?

Sorry that seems weird if I am feeling sorry for nick even though I don't know what that is, (i could tell from everyone else's tone that it was serious)

I just wanted to thank everyone for thier nice posts and to clear something up for those of you who have read my story....

It was actually my great grandfather who passed, not my grandfather who I call papu. So it was my dad's grandfather, but it still sucks because we were pretty close, and I feel awful for my dad and my papu and all of my dads aunts and cousins. They all took it so hard, but I feel pretty good about his life. He lived to be 84, which is a long time to me. If someone told me today that I'd live to be 84, I'd take it.

Anyway, we're home now. Pittsburg, California seems like it changes everytime we go there. I'm glad to be back though. Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers

Hey Nick,

I'm glad to hear that you made it home safe and sound. I was very sorry to learn that your great-grandfather passed away though. :( It's always hard to loose the one's you love, but like you said he had 84 good years. Take care and I'll add you and your family to my prayers. :hug::hug:

- Kaiten

Hey if you ever wanna talk about let me know, my only surviving grandparent passed away last september, the second day of school. It was the worst week of my life, getting a speeding ticket, starting college as a freshman, and learning that my 94 year old grandmother passed away. It sucked royally because up until 1996 (when we moved from FL to NJ), she had been a constant figure in my life. I took it real hard when I saw her at the wake, and then at the furneral, and then again this past monday when I visited the cemetary where she and my grandfather were buried (had to actually pull the car over and take a breather on the way out of the cemetary). She had an amazing life, 5 children (all boys lol), 14 grandchildren, and a small number so far of great grandchildren. I enjoy thinking about the good times, so if you think about the good times you had with him, then this entire event wont seem so solemn and depressing, but almost uplifting knowing that he is in a happier place now.

I just wanted to thank everyone for thier nice posts and to clear something up for those of you who have read my story....

It was actually my great grandfather who passed, not my grandfather who I call papu. So it was my dad's grandfather, but it still sucks because we were pretty close, and I feel awful for my dad and my papu and all of my dads aunts and cousins. They all took it so hard, but I feel pretty good about his life. He lived to be 84, which is a long time to me. If someone told me today that I'd live to be 84, I'd take it.

Anyway, we're home now. Pittsburg, California seems like it changes everytime we go there. I'm glad to be back though. Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers

It's hard losing anyone in your family, under any circumstances.

My sincere condolences and best wishes.

Hey Nick...getting at this a few days late, but I just wanted to give my condolences on losing your great grandfather...it's always tough losing family. It's kinda weird because about a half an hour before I got on to the computer, I started thinkin about my aunt who died in October... I had found one of her funeral program things and read the poem on the back, and the poem made me start crying. Part of what made me cry is that I never really knew her too well and when we had the scripture service, everyone told happy stories and she was such a wonderful person and I wish I had gotten to know her better now. Okay, my eyes are watering now, time to go, lol. Good luck Nick and you're in my prayers :) .