What is your favorite supernatural creature to read about?

What is your favorite supernatural creature to read about?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite supernatural creature to read about?

Gods/demi-god stories are always right up my alley. I'm going to blame growing up with Xena. :)

I voted Vampires (the love was strong since Lost Souls by Poppy Z Brite), but now that you mention Xena... there is something awesome about corrupt gods and their dealings with mortals. Xena was my crack, and I have no shame!

I loved Harry Potter so Wizards and Witches are up there. I love supernatrual stuff, but my mind is a little too judgemental. I always tend to look for a reason or explaination with something, which makes me shit at believing fully in creatures of the planes. Having said that I still get freeaked out with most horror films, so basically Im just a big baby! :P

Edited by WestcliffWriter
  • Like 1

I like the Fae, Faeries, Elves and other-peoples. The kind you would find in Clive Barker's Weave-World and his movie Nightbreed (based on his novella Cabal) and Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn and Shadowmarch series. I like Tolkien's elves as well, but I liked them best when they were in their youth and making and doing great things, as in the Silmarillion--flawed to be sure, but much more interesting than what remained in Middle-Earth.

Edited by Ron
  • Like 1

Like Scotty, I like a good shifter story.   But, on thinking about it, I don't know I've ever read a shifter story where the character could change into more than one alternate form.

Merfolk have their charms as well. 

• Like 1

for a species with only two votes: people don't half love it when I write about werewolves...

I am a very picky supernatural reader, so I like to read about supernatural areas that I am not learned in, like ghosts. I can't stand reading werewolf stories sometimes, because my brain just can't help but pick out all the canine behaviours the author has made mistakes on.

• Like 1

for a species with only two votes: people don't half love it when I write about werewolves...

I am a very picky supernatural reader, so I like to read about supernatural areas that I am not learned in, like ghosts. I can't stand reading werewolf stories sometimes, because my brain just can't help but pick out all the canine behaviours the author has made mistakes on.

I was obsessed with wolves as a kid, and the bits that I remember from that sometimes ruin stories for me :lol: I feel your pain

• Like 1