Tell me your crazy writing hang ups!

So,Today, I've completely undone the entire house looking for a short scene I wrote for one of my stories.  It was insane, I was writing this story and I remembered I'd jotted down a scene from this story in a notebook. I just couldn't remember which one. Since I just have to know what it is I'd written on the notebook, I start looking for it. One second I'm on my computer typing away, the next second, I'm kneeling next to a bookshelf undoing notebooks and going through them, searching.

I've checked every notebook I've owned, since....forever. Even some I'm sure I haven't touched in years, but for some reason, I just kept thinking I might have written this scene on them. I finally find the notebook on a pile on my desk, but now the entire house is a mess.  All the bookshelves are undone. My friend who stays with me walks in and she just wants to kill me. If I'd just checked my desk first, and done it more slowly, all these would be avoided. The notebooks on the floor, and on the couches look like they're  part of the decor but, since I have my scene now, I'm good.  I have clean up duty for the next two days. Lol ^_^.

My question is, does this happen to anyone else, or just me.. it's insanity I tell you.

Do share your writing hang-ups and adventures with me.

• Like 1

LOL!  Wings went through exactly the same thing recently! Could not find the right notebook, and went through every one of hers, and most of mine!   Since she still lives with us, imagine how crazy doing that through TWO sets of notebooks can be!

• Like 1

LOL!  Wings went through exactly the same thing recently! Could not find the right notebook, and went through every one of hers, and most of mine!   Since she still lives with us, imagine how crazy doing that through TWO sets of notebooks can be!

That would be crazy! Two sets would mean four days of clean up...lol. You know, it's that feeling you get, you just have to check every book.  Haha. Glad to know I'm not alone, Yay for Wings! :P

I don't write via pen to paper.. my handwriting has went to complete crap during College and afterwards.. :P But I have looked through countless e-mails, old files, and stuff looking for an old story I wrote back in High School... So. I think one abysmally boring day in a History class I wrote a chapter to a story and left it in a notebook once upon a time.

My hangups now, is that I just don't have any real time to write. I do my best writing in the extremely early hours of the morning, when the kiddies nod back off to sleep. Now that I'm working a lot more.. seeing patients and such, I just dread my work schedule so much that it has put me off writing. :P

I keep all my writing nicely organized on my laptop and an online backup via Google. As long as that isn't hacked, I'm good. 

Edited by Krista
  • Like 1

Krista, I feel you on work schedules. I think 24 hours aren't enough. There are so many things to get done, I have to jot down notes in between work not to lose storylines. You must be very busy, between kids and seeing patients. How do you manage to keep up? Do you make writing schedules? I know you said you write in the early morning, so do you have a schedule to keep up with particular stories,or do you wing it?