Benefit #22 of living in Australia-Get to read updates of DOR first if they are posted in the early hours of the US morning ;)

A good set-up chapter.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

B

E

L

O

W

!

!

!

!

The house seems nice, and as I said, it seems like a set-up chapter. No really big news, but the creation and establishment of lots of storylines, which indicates DOR might go on for a while yet :) . Good to get Sean into the story, and further secure the monetary side.

BUT...

I can't help but feel something isn't going to go so well. When Davey says it's looking like it'll be the best timeline yet...Dan is evil and twisted and that thought of Davey's almost gaurantees significant problems, although probably of a more personal nature then in the third timeline.

A good chapter that's got me waiting for more :)

OK, here were my thoughts about this chapter as I edited it...

My first thought:

I want to move into the house. Heck, the small, guest bedroom will do for me. This place is much nicer than any place I've lived in! :2thumbs:

My second thought:

:music: one little two little three little indians :whistle:

Benefit #22 of living in Australia-Get to read updates of DOR first if they are posted in the early hours of the US morning ;)

I guess France has its good sides too, then, since I read it this afternoon. ^^

Anyway...

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

o

r

t

o

f

How many freckles does... hum no... that's not what I... Nevermind.

Like hughento, I can't help but wait for the inevitable calamity to happen. It's not safe being around Davey, seriously. >_>

• Site Administrator

Dan said I'd get my happy ending. :P Let's hope he sticks to that.

I enjoyed this chapter :)

Great chapter Dan!!! Work was terrible today (my allergies came out of nowhere and kicked my ass), so a new chapter was a wonderful way to start the weekend. I can't tell you how excited I am to see where this story is going. I hope we'll find out what is going through Papa's head regarding Davie's knowledge of things that no 8 year old should know anything about.

SPOILER BELOW

I too was very surprised to see Sean in this chapter, but I think that's cool. But it may end up with a lot of drama if Sean falls for Davie before Davie can get back together with Brian.

Awesome job!

BTW - if people don't know, you these forums have built-in spoiler protection.

Surround the text that is a spoiler with

[ spoiler ] THIS IS THE SPOILER [ /SPOILER ]

Now - to make it visable, I added spaced around the [ and the ] - when you actually want to use them, get rid of those extra spaces and your spoiler will look like:

THIS IS THE SPOILER

To view the blackened text, just use your mouse and select the black part, and you'll see the words underneath show up.

Spoiler warning!!!!!

My comments contain spoilers, so are withing the black area below. Just highlight to view, but NOT if you haven't read the chapter yet!

The Lawyer seems to suspect something, and Papa surely does by now. Also, things just seem to be going too well, and that means trouble is likely to be on the way!

Davey also apparently knows that Papa sometimes uses prostitutes, and I wonder if that bit of info will be coming into play?

Meeting Sean looks like it will be significant, too. I was halfway expecting Sean to turn out to be his future self, too, but apparently not.

I also think things are going very smoothly for Davey, so I'm suspecting that trouble lies ahead.

One more comment from me: I *REALLY* loved the first sentance of this chapter!!!!

Thank you, Dan, and have a Happy Birthday!

The first sentence of EVERY chapter is an attention grabber and seldom has anything to do with the end of the previous chapter. Dan always catches us up eventually but that first line is an attention grabber. :worship:

The first sentence of EVERY chapter is an attention grabber and seldom has anything to do with the end of the previous chapter.

That's a darn good point!!!

I've often felt like there is a slight discontinuity between chapters, and then when beginning the next chapter you are trying to figure out what went on since the last chapter. I think that's one of the things that makes Dan's writing so riveting: you really have to pay attention! :2thumbs: