Two Billion?

Palantir

I've just watched a video clip on you tube called Gangnam Style.

It's had over two billion hits, which I find mind boggling. The clip itself was ok but, to me, didn't warrant such incredible interest.

What do you think?

Gangnam Style was in the top 40 here at least a year and half ago, probably more like 2 years. That's why there are so many hits. It was very popular among the school and preschool crowd, only to be replaced by "What does the fox say?"

Edited by DynoReads

This is old news. It went viral in August of 2012.

The over two billion hits is what amazed me. That's only just happened this week when the number went beyond the 32 bit integer capability the Yahoo  counter system was designed with. It's now been redesigned and can cope with vastly greater numbers.

this song turns my stomach :lol: not because of the quality of the music, but because psychologically i remember the large quantities of alcohol i consumed in clubs whilst listening to this and its various remixes, and i now cant cope :lol: first world problems!

• Like 1

it got viewed so many times it broke the youtube counter - they had to go from a 32bit integer (maximum 2,147,483,647) to 64bit (which means it can go upto 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 views)...