The Foster's

PrivateTim

Does anyone watch The Foster's? A story about lesbian moms (Stef & Lena Foster) with a blended family of natural kids, fosters and adopted.

A couple of weeks ago was the hot "pinky touch", next week, Connor and Jude move things along.....

This show is one of the most interesting dramas involving gay issues and families.

If you aren't busy next Monday at 8PM.......  check it out on ABC Family.

I LOVE this show. Unfortunately I can't remember to be in front of the TV every week, so I wait for it on Netflix. As a foster parent, I like it. As a fan of good programming I like it. I also wish I'd had this show growing up - it's so powerful and empowering for kids to see themselves on the screen.

• Like 1

I wouldn't care if it were two mimes.

It's got several key elements that I welcome.

• a gay or lesbian couple- and the cops aren't at their door
  • that couple has a family
  • they aren't horrible fuck ups

It beats the way GLBT people were portrayed back when I was coming up. We were always either serial killers or murder victims.

Believe me: this is a step in the right direction.

• Like 2

I shared on Facebook one of the most fantastic scenes - the very timid Conner and Jude touching pinky fingers in the darkened theater. If I were a kid seeing that, I'd have felt so much more normal.

• Like 2

If you click on "pinky touch" in my original post, the Slate article has the full scene with the pinky touch. It is the cutest gay teen scene on TV since Ugly Betty where Mark Indelicato asked that boy to dance at his Mom's wedding.

• Like 2

When I watch gay TV shows, I want to be able to relate to them. I can't really relate to two Lesbians raising a big 'ole family together. :P

My high school principal was a lesbian raising kids with her wife, so it's not that out of my experience.

I've set a bookmark on the website to watch later.

Looks like a great show, I will look forward to watching it this evening :)

It's not available in the UK :(

Adorable kiss tonight between Jude (Hayden Byerly) and Connor (Gavin MacIntosh). Super job of acting by both teens, a nice mix of awe, wonder, surprise and tenderness.

They haven't decided if either character is gay yet, but it does portray so well that overwhelming affection you can have for another boy at that age and you walk through the hormone minefield.

• Like 1

I've set a bookmark on the website to watch later.

Looks like a great show, I will look forward to watching it this evening :)

It's not available in the UK :(

Everything is available on the internet

http://projectfreetv.uk.to/internet/the_fosters/

• Like 1

Adorable kiss tonight between Jude (Hayden Byerly) and Connor (Gavin MacIntosh). Super job of acting by both teens, a nice mix of awe, wonder, surprise and tenderness.

They haven't decided if either character is gay yet, but it does portray so well that overwhelming affection you can have for another boy at that age and you walk through the hormone minefield.

Apparently Hayden Byerly was on twitter last night answering fans questions. Although it's always a tough call of whether or not people should ask about an actors sexuality, you know it's going to happen. Just as potentially incendiary is the actor's response, which was : No, I'm not gay. But I think Jude may be :-)

It warms an old dogs heart it does.

• Site Administrator

That was a very cute scene really. :)

They didn't have this when I was a kid. lol. 

When I watch gay TV shows, I want to be able to relate to them. I can't really relate to two Lesbians raising a big 'ole family together. :P

A comedy program in the UK i have been watching recently is called 'Cucumber'. Its main character is a mature gay man living in manchester and his relationship around other gay men his age and younger. Has some situations that Icould relate to, but It occasionally does give the impression that gay men don't want monogamous relationships.

but It occasionally does give the impression that gay men don't want monogamous relationships.

But I think that reflects the reality of the gay world, especially among the under 30 crowd. Actually now that I think about it, I don't know any gay guys who are in monogamous relationships. The vast majority are single or casual, and those that are in relationships are not monogamous. 

My high school principal was a lesbian raising kids with her wife, so it's not that out of my experience.

Yes but you went to a fufu performing arts high school in the suburbs. :P

• Like 1

I noticed whilst reading this post that a lot of people aren't able to watch it, I also live in the UK and I use a website called USTV.cc. After you have signed up to the website a whole alphabetically order list of popular TV shows are available to watch the first three episode are free but all the other episode after that cost money the website allow you to make a donation and they give you so many credits and you can use them credits to watch the other episode in that current series.

I caught up on ProjectfreeTV (no sign up necessary)

The whole show is awesome, and Jude is adorable. Of course now episode 19 has aired, who knows what might be happening next?

• Like 1

The whole show is awesome, and Jude is adorable. Of course now episode 19 has aired, who knows what might be happening next?

it demanded a credit card

it demanded a credit card

no, you'll find one of the (many) pop-ups wanted to screw you. Just ad-block your computer, and the internet will be SO much cleaner. PFTV is all about free and anonymous TV, they won't ever ask you for personal info.

• 2 weeks later...

Jude is adorable and so is Connor. Both actors are really capturing that hesitant, shy, uncertainy that accomanies something so new.

The spring finale was tonight and just when you think things are getting resolved........

It looks like there may be some kind of future for Jude & Connor though as Connor's father relented.

I figured Methodwriter would be all over this series since the "gay kid" from Dawson's Creek is in this series playing Jude's father.

He's not actually Jude's father. Callie and Jude have different fathers.

Gavin Macintosh, who plays Connor, has been interviewed a few times and comes across as a really intelligent kid. Just impressive, both he and Jude, played by Hayden Byerly.

I'm going to admit I kind of wanted Connor to admit he's bisexual, not gay.

It's weird, I'm gay, but I really root for male characters who are not straight to end up bisexual. There are so few examples of bisexual men on T.V. and film.

Still, the fact that they're showing kids in like 8th/9th grade (being played by actual teenagers) having boyfriends and such is pretty damn cool. Back in my day, the best we had was a 27-year old guy pretending to be 16 and giving a quick peck on the lips with little to no physical chemistry:

Edited by methodwriter85

• 2 months later...