Iso: Editor - Fantasy And Real Life Drama - Long Term Commitment

1) I do not have a specific work that needs editing, but rather the need for someone that can work with me all the time. My previous editor has disappeared suddenly, and I'm currently floating with only my primary beta-reader to guide me.

2) I have worked with two editors in the past. The first had to stop because of health reasons, and I imagine that the second one disappeared for similar reasons. I love my editors and I try my best to respect their time and effort on my behalf.

3) I need proofreading and some plot help. I like it when my editors question my work and challenge me when they think I'm off the rails.

4) I suppose that I expect proofreading and plot help. My work is generally pretty smooth, but I want my stories to be the best they can be, and I'll listen to what you have to say.

5) I'm currently working on several novels and a couple of short stories. I'm constantly writing, but I will match whatever load an editor is willing to take on.

6) I work with Microsoft word.

7) I've worked with all sorts of different edits. Whether you do it in the margins or in the line, i don't mind.

8) A snippet from a story I'm working on. The name's are just place holders at the moment:

The smell of burning cinder reminded Kin of nights around the fireplace in his childhood home after a successful hunt. If only the source of this smoke were as mundane as that in his memories he’d be happy to reminisce for hours, but he did not have the luxury of time. He turned around a tree just as another fiery pinecone sailed through the air and past his face, whistling with speed until it collided with another tree in front of him, exploding the bark at his eye level and splintering the wood underneath.

Another second earlier and he would have been dead. There had been too many close calls to count in the last few minutes, and he was beginning to think that he was out of his league. Whether he was outmatched or not, he wasn’t ready to give up until he had given it everything he had. He had studied at the Whitewind Academy, the premier college for mages in the Great North, and they had taught him never to give in without first considering every angle on the problem.

The sound of Padrin’s footsteps approaching through the brush told him that he needed to get to a new angle quickly or he’d find one of the flaming pinecones exploding his skull instead of the tree. He placed his ringed hand against the tree, pulling on the energy of the large diamond on his middle finger. It began to glow with a fierce orange light as it heated from the power of Kin’s soul. He then reached into the rhodonite encircling his pinky finger. Of all the states of matter, gas was the one he related to the least, but he needed a distraction if he was going to regain the upper hand. He released the heat from the diamond into the bark of the tree, causing it to smoke, and then drew the smoke toward the rhodonite until he had gathered a dense cloud in the palm of his hand.

Thank you for everyone who took the time to read this. Hopefully one of you will be able to help me out, but if not, thank you all the same. :)

Cynus

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read/respond to this. I think I've found what I was looking for.

• Like 2