With the announcement of the special Anthology allowing a writer to take on any of the past Anthology topics how could I not try to do this?

What I need of a Beta -

You are the reader, the first one to see the story outside of myself. i need someone willing to use that red pen. Tell me where I went overboard with details, where I need more details, where I missed words or used the wrong one. Hey, I never claimed to be perfect and anyone who has worked with me will tell you I am far from it. :lol:  So comments and corrections are great. Don't have to worry about every little comma or whatever. I have a great editor who will fix that for me.

What I write in -

I use Word 7. Yes an old program but so is my computer. I am easy to get along with but if you are suggesting a change it helps if I know why.

Word length -

1791 words - about five pages.

Genre - Fiction

What is it about?

Basically the story is about Bill Mason on Christmas Eve. I don't want to give it all away, but if the sample below appeals to you contact me and let's see if we can work together.

Sample -

Bill Mason slowly climbed the old wooden stairs to the porch. His arthritis was acting up with the change in the weather, the snow was due any minute. The sun was going down as darkness came early this time of the year. As he reached his front door, Misty, his gray cat came up and rubbed against his leg.

“Hello, old girl. You ready to come in and get warm.” Bill smiled as he unlocked the door and entered the house.

Misty slipped passed him and padded down the hall toward the kitchen.

Bill took off his coat and hat, slipped his feet out of his boots, and into a pair of slippers he kept by the door. He paused to turn on the lights of his small four foot Christmas tree before he made his way to the kitchen.

“Okay, I’m here. I’ll get you some food.” Bill watched as Misty sat by the food bowl and licked her paws.

Bill took one of the cans of cat food and opened it. He poured it into Misty’s dish. She looked at him for a moment then turned and began to eat.