[dkstories] Now that they are over: a retrospective discussion of DO a

I'm presently re-reading DO and DOR, and finished with DO yesterday (I'd read it about a year ago, and had forgotten much).

So, in honor of this great series coming to the conclusion of DOR, I thought I'd launch a discussion of both stories. Please, if you are reading this, join in, or at least drop in and let dkstories (the Author) know how you enjoyed the stories.

Right from the start, this story hooked me. "Never, ever, ever trust a mad scientist."

I like the way the story unfolds, partially flashback, and very well done. I also very much liked the way

there was very, very little info about the scientist, machine, etc, at that time. No mention of Sean being the tech, for example. All that was left to be disclosed later, when it was relevant to the storyline.

I also loved Davey's near-slip of almost saying "internet".

So, anyone else want to join me in this look back at DO and DOR? Come on, it will be fun... I'm thinking of working through each story in sequence, but I'm open to any suggestions.