[dkstories] Which did you find more emotional: chapter 5 or chapter 6?

Which did you find more emotional: Chapter 5 or chapter 6?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Please chose one or the other, and also leave a reply to elaborate if you feel like it.

• Chapter 5
    • Chapter 6

I found Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 to be both very moving, but in different ways.

In Chapter 5, we got to see Sean, Davey's best friend, in effect die, and also see Davey's grief.

In Chapter 6, we see a new character in very tragic circumstances.

Personally, I found Chapter 5 to be even harder-hitting, emotionally, because Sean is someone we "knew", not a new character. Also, he really did die, at least to my way of seeing things. So, I was just curious as to what everyone else felt on this, hence the question, and the poll.

Both chapters are moving, in their own way.

I also found chapter 5 more moving, because Sean is someone I got to know, over the series. What's happening to Jeremy is also tragic. In my opnion more tragic than "Freckles" being overwritten with a person of himself, from a previous timeline.

But, for me, he's just to new in the story to "feel connected".

Just my two cents. ;)

Daniel

Yeah, I agree... Both were emotional, but because we knew Sean, and we had built a relationship with him, it really was like he died. On the other hand, one of my friends from high school was in a similar situation as Jeremy, and reading that brought up memories of that event.

But, in the context of the story, I think that we have invested so much time with Sean, and we have also invested 5 chapters with the new Sean, that the "new" Sean's "death" was a bit harder hitting for me...

>>>Ikaika

Chapter 6 just didn't hit me that hard. I blame it on me being too jaded.

A little angry, yes, but not really all that emotional. However, I still thought it was a good chapter - just not the catharsis that others found it.

TheDaniel, Ikaika, Ibsu: Thanks for the comments. So far, it looks like the commentators are unanimous, even if the vote isn't.

I know I'm the writer...

Yeah, so what makes you think that you get to have an opinion??? :P:P:P:P:P:P

but I found 5 a lot more heartbreaking...

At least Seven will be a lot better...

Erk... Uhoh... Ummmm, how, exactly, do you mean "better"??? Better, as in MORE heartbreaking? Uhoh........ :wacko: