Bill Paxton 1955-2017

As far as I can tell, Bill didn’t have any LGBTQ roles, but he had a supporting part in An Early Frost, one of the first US TV movies about AIDS.

But my favorite lines that I’ve remember ever since I first heard them on screen in Aliens:

• Pvt Hudson (Bill Paxton): Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
  • Pvt Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein): No. Have you?

This is one of the few lines of dialog that I’ve actually memorized on hearing it just once!

Edited by Former Member
  • Site Moderator

My first memory of Bill Paxton was in Aliens as well.  At the time, I thought Vasquez's comeback was hilarious since I didn't much care for Private Hudson. Seeing Bill in other roles later on, had me appreciating his talent as an actor.

RIP Bill Paxton

• Like 1

I saw him in many movies, but it was in, Predator and then Apollo 13 that his face and name came together in my mind. Films, directing, television, he did them all.

He first made the news as that face sticking out in a crowd:

JFK-Special_612x380_0.jpg

Crowd waiting to see President John F.Kennedy emerge from Hotel Texas in Fort Worth on November 22 1963.The kid seen raised above the crowd is none other than future director-actor Bill Paxton (1955–2017).

A tune I have always liked and now finding out he helped direct the original video was a bonus.

bill-paxton-20825057-1-402.jpg

Bill Paxton

May 17, 1955 - February 25, 2017

R.I.P.

"Fair Winds and Following Seas"

sandrewn

(a fan)

• Like 1

Yeah I've been pretty sad about this. There's a ton of stuff I saw him in growing up. The first time I saw him in something and properly recognized him was in True Lies. That was one of his funnier roles. But so many of my favorite films as a teenager had him making an appearance. It was truly sad to hear he'd passed away. And still young as well.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

May he rest in peace.

I enjoyed True Lies as well. He had a pretty good role in Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. too.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...