A Question on your stories

Guest mukheerji

Guest mukheerji

Hey Comicality I have read all of your stories and I must say they are very good. My question is If you have ever tried to publish them? Especially Gfd and your short stories could be great in compilations. I would definitely buy a copy just to say I have one of your stories.

Well, in the first two years of the Shack, I did get a lot of online offers from gay publications and e-zines and a few magazines as well to write. (Still have the emails saved. It was REALLY flattering!) And even passed some of those offers onto other online author friends of mine at the time who might have wanted to get in on the good fortune.

However...as weird as it may sound, it was really not for me. Of course I was a much different person back then too. I was worried about my privacy, I was working late nights, living with my best friend, and going to school simultaneously. So that was a big part of it. But even more than that, I'm not really 'at my best' when it comes to published work. Things about standards, and audience, and letting other people edit my stuff, and change the ages of the characters, and meeting deadlines...it took some of that passion out of the writing itself for me. It's something that I hope to get passed someday, because I'd REALLY love to find a way to make money doing what I'm doing! Doing what I love.

For now though, I'm glad that people can just stop by and read something I wrote and get some enjoyment out of it. Hearing that it made someone smile for a little bit in a friendly email does more for me than any paycheck ever could.

(The money would DAMN sure be nice though! Hehehe!)

Maybe one day I'll find a way to print them out, autograph 'em, and send them out in the mail or something with a binder. That would be cool. In the mysterious future...oooooooooh! ::Ghost Face::

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..