Geeks and Dorks Convention hall

6 minutes ago, BDANR said:

Parker: Do you have any links/vids to anything related to theological engineering?

I might have something on actual paper someplace, lol. Will have to search it out and take a picture....

• Love 1
On 10/29/2017 at 10:38 PM, BDANR said:

Parker: Do you have any links/vids to anything related to theological engineering?

On 10/29/2017 at 10:45 PM, Parker Owens said:

I might have something on actual paper someplace, lol. Will have to search it out and take a picture....

I've read an interesting book on Quantum physics and consciousness a few year's back that covers some of the concepts of observational measurements and reality.

The Quantum Enigma

There's nothing wrong with postulating the existence of energy that forms a soul/consciousness, then try to apply a mathematical basis on its potential energy. (Looks around for torh bearing GA villagers/raging monsters :P ). In a fictional universe, energy can be physical or magical, but it still must be quantifiable.

@Drew Espinosa, I think with the recent emphasis in Star Wars on Kyber Crystals, we may figure out exactly how many Lightsaber equivalent crystals are needed for a Death Star type weapon. :o:D  If you draw from Original movies, Star Wars cartoons like Clone Wars/Rebels, plus the new movies, there's enough for an enterprising nerdy fan to calculate the size of the Kyber crystal and their power output.

• Wow 1
4 minutes ago, W_L said:

I've read an interesting book on Quantum physics and consciousness a few year's back that covers some of the concepts of observational measurements and reality.

The Quantum Enigma

There's nothing wrong with postulating the existence of energy that forms a soul/consciousness, then try to apply a mathematical basis on its potential energy. (Looks around for torh bearing GA villagers/raging monsters :P ). In a fictional universe, energy can be physical or magical, but it still must be quantifiable.

@Drew Espinosa, I think with the recent emphasis in Star Wars on Kyber Crystals, we may figure out exactly how many Lightsaber equivalent crystals are needed for a Death Star type weapon. :o:D  If you draw from Original movies, Star Wars cartoons like Clone Wars/Rebels, plus the new movies, there's enough for an enterprising nerdy fan to calculate the size of the Kyber crystal and their power output.

That is an interesting book, thanks for the link :lol:! It even has reasonably priced copies. Hard sciences tend to leave me in the dark and can be hard to follow, but when it intersects with philosophy or social sciences, I can get into them.

I think it can add to my stories revolving around magic and psionics to have a mathematical explanation for how energy works. Maybe I should take lessons from these resources :read: .

18 hours ago, BDANR said:

That is an interesting book, thanks for the link :lol:! It even has reasonably priced copies. Hard sciences tend to leave me in the dark and can be hard to follow, but when it intersects with philosophy or social sciences, I can get into them.

I think it can add to my stories revolving around magic and psionics to have a mathematical explanation for how energy works. Maybe I should take lessons from these resources :read: .

I know what you mean, as a Kid I loved military equipment, (I'd still want to own a T-34 or Sherman one day), but I fall asleep a lot in class reading long period novels. My teacher advised me to try reading  April Morning by Howard Fast, I finished that one really fast. Then, I graduated to Leo Tolstoy by age 11.

If the detail of the subject matter do not interest you, it's hard to get into a story, but once one thread interests you, then you become a reader of vast amount of humanity. I fell in love with the human condition and our reactions/relationships to one another. From those books, I broaden my interests and eventually learned to appreciate novellas like Goodbye Mr. Chips, even if I still found the book really dry.

• Like 1
On 11/5/2017 at 7:47 PM, BDANR said:

Idk if I could answer that :lol:! I saw the movie yesterday!

I'm going to see it today, is it any good?

On 11/4/2017 at 11:51 PM, W_L said:

Let's have a geek off with this literally immortal question:

Who is stronger: The Hulk or Thor?

I'd have to say Thor. Being asgardian he has that natural strength. The hulk is definitely smarter though

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, W_L said:

I'm going to see it today, is it any good?

I would recommend! I didn't get into the first and second movies of Thor and never got into his storyline. Some friends randomly took me and though I was hesitant, I enjoyed it a lot! Story was well done, characters were interesting. If you can sit still for two and a half hours and stay awake in theater (I can't), I think you'll like it :).

It was good, and I'd answer that Hulk even in his regular non-World War form would beat Thor, even when he has odin's power.

PS: I hope they redo a MCU version of World War Hulk, where Hulk beats up all of the Marvel universe, when he gets super pissed off after Sakar is nuked. (The movie introduce the storyline, but doesn't continue it, in the comics, Hulk would eventually lead a rebellion against the Red King of Sakar and become its leader, until something happens, then he goes afterEarth and its heroes for revenge. Even Dr. Strange can't defeat Hulk in his ultimate form.)

Simply, Thor might be a God, but Hulk is Anger itself, it's like a Wonder Woman versus Green Lantern from DC, Godlike powers are weaker than emotion based powers.

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2017 at 11:00 AM, BDANR said:

I haven't yet, but want to! Have you seen it?

Yes, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

I didn't like it that much though and it was such a letdown for all the wrong reasons. I don't know if I want to watch Episode 9 if this is how they are planning to do Star Wars.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

2017 was a big letdown in terms of movies and TV shows for Sci-Fi:

Justice League and Star Wars sucked sadly :(

Maybe Marvel's infinity war and star wars rebels last season will help, but it's hard to really say.

Beyond that Star Trek Discovery was just bad, Mary Sue/Michael, the female lead character was wooden and illogical, the Klingons were made into a social commentary that was out of character, and let' be honest "Spore" drive is ridiculous. If they want to re-invent Star Trek, go into the future like 25th century, not this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought of another tech advancement that sounds interesting. These days people are getting vocal rejuvenation surgery. So, if you take that a step further, it might be possible to actually extend a person's vocal range. Let's say a man wanted a whistle register. So, he has a surgical implant in his throat that allows him belt out Emotions by Mariah Carey with ease. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok so I just found out Comic-Con has a major reveal about one of the Voltron Legendary Defender characters. I'm a sneak peek of the upcoming seventh season it's revealed that Shiro, the original Black lion pilot, is gay! If course many of its fandom has made fanfics about him and lance which actually makes a great pair in my opinion.  So I was wondering if you could do a fanfic of any show/movie/book what would you choose? personally, I'd love to see a Barry Allen/Wally West pairing.