Feature request: engagement opportunities

Go to solution Solved by Renee Stevens,

Hi

Can there be a single place to track/organise/link to/or otherwise collate the current (structured) opportunities for engagement with GA?  For example, today, there’s (at least) the Halloween writing competition open for judging, the 2018 novella contest, and the anthology theme voting all open, but it’s not ‘easy’ to know that, or find them all.

Of course you can use the search box, but then, you’d have to already know they existed in order to search for them, and even then, it’s not massively intuitive to get to the ‘right’ post.  I’m sure that all of these things have appeared on the front page previously, but quite understandably, they also ‘fall off’ relatively quickly and before the respective events are over.

Sam

Edit: I realise that every such new feature requires time and effort to implement, and for something like this, ongoing effort to maintain.  I think I’m a relatively engaged user of GA, and I’d happily volunteer some time if I can help.

Edited by Sam Wyer
  • Like 1
  • Solution
9 minutes ago, Sam Wyer said:

Hi

Can there be a single place to track/organise/link to/or otherwise collate the current (structured) opportunities for engagement with GA?  For example, today, there’s (at least) the Halloween writing competition open for judging, the 2018 novella contest, and the anthology theme voting all open, but it’s not ‘easy’ to know that, or find them all.

Of course you can use the search box, but then, you’d have to already know they existed in order to search for them, and even then, it’s not massively intuitive to get to the ‘right’ post.  I’m sure that all of these things have appeared on the front page previously, but quite understandably, they also ‘fall off’ relatively quickly and before the respective events are over.

Sam

Hi Sam,

The weekly wrap up in the blog always contains the contests (and now I include links as well), and other things such as the voting. Many times, these are also included in the newsletters.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Renee Stevens said:

Hi Sam,

The weekly wrap up in the blog always contains the contests (and now I include links as well), and other things such as the voting. Many times, these are also included in the newsletters.

How right you are, thanks.  Goes to show how carefully I read/remember those :/ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2