Looking for a lost story

Go to solution Solved by ReaderPaul,

Several years ago I was reading a story. The two main character - one was manager of a ranch and the other was an architect.  They adopted two teenage boys. One was actually 1/2 brother of the ranch manager.  The other boy was the paper boy.  The family eventually opened a Computer store and were building a ranch house out in the country - moving out of their condo in a high rise. The story stopped and now seems to have disappeared from the internet. Of course I cannot remember the name.  Does any of these facts trigger an answer?  I would love to read the story again. It was pretty good.  THANKS.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
11 hours ago, GomezSC said:

Several years ago I was reading a story. The two main character - one was manager of a ranch and the other was an architect.  They adopted two teenage boys. One was actually 1/2 brother of the ranch manager.  The other boy was the paper boy.  The family eventually opened a Computer store and were building a ranch house out in the country - moving out of their condo in a high rise. The story stopped and now seems to have disappeared from the internet. Of course I cannot remember the name.  Does any of these facts trigger an answer?  I would love to read the story again. It was pretty good.  THANKS.

It sounds familiar, but I can't place the name or author.  Hopefully someone else here will remember.  

• Like 1

The story is called "Tales From the Ranch."  The author is the late David Dillon, writing under the pen name "Tulsa Driller."  There are 55 chapters in Book 1 of Tales from the Ranch, and 20 chapters of Book 2 were written before David's untimely death.  The first two chapters of Book 1 feature the sons of the ranch owner; then the focus starts shifting to the two main characters of the rest of the story, Dale and Craig.

Cia or Myr or Renee Stevens, or another admin, do I have permission to mention the two websites where this story is located?  I am almost certain David Dillon/Tulsa Driller never posted the story on GA.

• Like 2
  • Solution
29 minutes ago, Myr said:

You may 

The most readable version is at: http://storycove.us/  after which you have to click "Complete Author List," then choose Tulsa Driller, then click Tales From the Ranch, then click "enter", then on the upper right click "Chapter/Page", then go to the selected chapter.

On Nifty, go to:        http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/rural/tales-from-the-ranch/     and select the chapter.

The format is much easier to read on StoryCove.us, but harder to start reading.

• Like 3
  • Love 1