a idea for a Contest

Hi

I was wondering about an idea I have

I post a story starter you know like 4 or 5 sentences describing a story and any of you that want can make a short story out of it and I put it on my web site and every one can vote for there faves

So what do you think would you go for it?

What size do you think I should recommend?

And how long should I give to finish?

So the story will be about a 15-year-old boy that is brought to a place where the people speak a language called the speech. The speech has some special properties the first is that it is impossible to lie when using the speech the second is that anything will understand the speech at least to some basic level and last but not least the speech is what controls how the universe acts and responds. So someone using the speech can communicate at lease on some basic level with anything, cannot lie but can withhold the truth or deceive so long as what he is saying is technically as in word by word true. And as long as he knew the language enough and what he was doing could make anything happen.

So what do you think?

Love to hear from you

fair fallen

ok here are the dates

may 13 : deadline to tell me that you want to submit a story and give the next starter

may 22 ; deadline for submitting a story and the deadline for telling me you want to submit a second story

June 1: I will post the top 3 and the deadline for submitting a second story

Contact me at: spaceman8624@yahoo.ca

Hehehe, yeah, it takes a LOT of 'encouragement' and some downright BULLYING to get folks to write sometimes! (Me included, of course) But give it a little time, it'll start moving soon.

Did I mention that I love the idea by the way? I read a short story once that said that human beings created language more for the sake of 'hiding' emotions instead of expressing them. I always found that to be such a fascinating idea. Imagine if this new language made it impossible to do that?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..