Topic Tuesday #5: Beware Advice

People who are actively critical of someone else's creations are often insecure of their own work. This type of "suggestive" commenting is passive aggression. Take it with a grain of salt... and block the person if it continues.

Edited by MacGreg
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Some advice I recently gave someone.

1. If this member is harassing you, then you can report them to the moderators and the admin. The staff here on GA are very helpful. On every posting, Story, Story Comment, Review, and Private Message that is a "Report XXX" link on it. Click that link and send in the report. The Admin will take care of it within hours.

2. There is the option of using the "Ignore User" system. Hover over their portrait, and at the bottom of the pop-up click the ignore user link. Then finalize on the page that follows, by selecting the boxes of what content you want to ignore from that user. I go with all of them.

3. In this club, over in the Editors forum, you can post that you're searching for one to help you. I've found that it may take a bit of time, but someone will respond, usually in private. For Beta Readers, a lot of members, and your fellow Authors would be willing to help with that. Just post a message that you're looking for one, and you'll get a few responses.

• Like 2
  • Love 1