Great Chapter.

Glad that Connor saw the shrink. I'm not surprised Ryan found Cody and Toby in a compromising postion, Now we know why cody said boys taste better :P . Want Mikey with Dominic.

Birthday Cake was too much :lol: And yay for Connor for those tickets.

Edited by Drew

Great reading, And the having to go through a couple of shrinks to find one that "works" for you, was very insightful. With the brief medical history you touched on in earlier chapters concerning Toby, I am now more worried about him than I am Conner. David, you are tying this story together very nicely, Although I sense some dark chapters ahead.

Bobby :worship:

Edited by Bobby

I loved this chapter!!!

I was expecting slightly more significance and repercussions to Connor's dream, and was glad that so far, things seem to be going well.

I loved the bit about Dominic writing his phone number in the dirt! I'll bet I wasn't the only one to catch the arid reference? :P:P:P:P:P

And now Connor is off to Las Vegas for an Elton John concert!! That should be interesting!!!

I was rather concerned regarding Toby.. That not feeling well sounds rather ominous, especially as the symptoms sound rather like the onset of certain leukaemias.

Thanks for a great chapter, LB & Kitty!

Edited by C James
Hmmm ... I thought you'd like the description of Ryan in his baseball uniform ... :P

He did - a little TOO much - it was me glaring at him all morning that made him post 0:)

Hehehe :P

Great chapter LBTW :2thumbs: .

Cant wait for the consert and to see what happens in Las Vegas (What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas).

I too am weried about Toby. Now that I remember he dose smokes, hope nothing bad happens to him :( .

Juan.

Good chapter! As soon as I read about Toby being pale, and looking sick, the leukaemia alarm bells started going off. Now I'm getting all nervous here. :wacko:

He is such a great character, I'd hate to see you kill him off. :ranger: All the anguish and grief everybody is going to go through, not to mention how it will effect Maggie, Ryan, Connor, and Cody. Ohhhhh talk about the hate mail. :angry:

I like the way your covering all the bases with the characters in the story, Connor having to try several therapists before being able to open up to this one, his little break down with Ryan. Ryan being so helpful and unselfish with Connor. Mikey being concerned about his parents reaction to him being gay. Although I can't picture any mothers not pitching a fit at having a cream filled Cock Cake at a 16yr olds birthday party. Don't get me wrong, the cake was hysterical, but Maggie seems inconsistant, she didn't like the ear ring, but the Cock cake was ok.

This is a great story keep it up. Thanks for all your hard work, David and Kitty. :worship:

Ex

Edited by ex52tech
Good chapter! As soon as I read about Toby being pail, and looking sick, the leukaemia alarm bells started going off. Now I'm getting all nervous here. :wacko:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.. I thought I was just paranoid... Well, I am paranoid, but sometimes being paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you! :wacko:

He is such a great character, I'd hate to see you kill him off. :ranger: All the anguish and grief everybody is going to go through, not to mention how it will effect Maggie, Ryan, Connor, and Cody. Ohhhhh talk about the hate mail. :angry:

Surely dear, sweet LBTW wouldn't do such a thing? (remember Chapter 11!) 0:):P

I know what you mean though... Even if he survives, it's hell for both patient and family.

I like the way your covering all the bases with the characters in the story, Connor having to try several therapists before being able to open up to this one, his little break down with Ryan. Ryan being so helpful and unselfish with Connor. Mikey being concerned about his parents reaction to him being gay. Although I can't picture any mothers not pitching a fit at having a cream filled Cock Cake at a 16yr olds birthday party. Don't get me wrong, the cake was hysterical, but Maggie seems inconsistant, she didn't like the ear ring, but the Cock cake was ok.

Actually, the cake made sense to me, in a way. The ear-ring, from a Doctor's point of view especially, is a much, much more serious issue, and is likely long-term. A cake isn't.

I too love all the detail in the story. It's really great!!!

Why can't Toby have a cold? Why does it have to be some dreadful disease. David wouldn't, couldn't bump off such a wonderful character...

From my point of view, the presentation of the symptoms, especially the intermittent nature, does not fit with a cold. Just a hunch on my part, though. I hope I'm wrong.

Then again, perhaps it is just something minor and temporary, and LBTW just threw it in there to make some of us go crazy(er)???

Y'all are so pessimistic! :( Sheesh ...

As for the dream analysis, what the doctor told Connor is just one possible interpretation. If anyone else has any thoughts as to what it may have meant, I suggest posting your ideas in the thread on "The Dream." There is definitely lots of room for interpretation and analysis there. :D

*Hugz*

Buddha

... a friend of mine back in Mississippi who showed me photos she'd taken of her 16-year-old son, wearing a superman cape and holding a toilet plunger (the suction thing you unstop a toilet with) so it stuck out in front of his groin. She said he was running around the house in this get-up and calling himself "Plunger Boy." I'm thinking Plunger Boy's mom would have no problem serving Cock Cake at his birthday party.

Is "Plunger Boy" cute and currently over the age of 18? If so, he sounds like my kind of guy! lol 0:)

Does anyone think the gifts that Connor got for his birthday were a bit too much?

Also, there hasn't been much mention of whether or not there is a noticeable difference in Connor's personality, whether or not it's evolved or changed at all since he came to live with the McCormacks.

A lot of people seem to prefer Ryan over Connor, yet Connor is supposed to be the "hero" or protagonist of the story? We don't really know much about what's going on in Ryan's head, only Connor's perception of that.

But maybe that's just because I have a soft spot for Connor ... :boy:

*Hugz*

Buddha

Does anyone think the gifts that Connor got for his birthday were a bit too much?

Well, in a word, yes. I chalked it up, though, to the attack plus all the other things that had happened to him.

Also, there hasn't been much mention of whether or not there is a noticeable difference in Connor's personality, whether or not it's evolved or changed at all since he came to live with the McCormacks.

For me, the jury is still out on that, because there are conflicting situations: are the changes due to living with the McCormacks, or the attack, or, more likely, some combination?

Connor certainly seems IMHO far different from when he met (as opposed to moving in with) the McCormacks... His self-esteem has vastly improved.

A lot of people seem to prefer Ryan over Connor, yet Connor is supposed to be the "hero" or protagonist of the story? We don't really know much about what's going on in Ryan's head, only Connor's perception of that.

But maybe that's just because I have a soft spot for Connor ... :boy:

IMHO, it might be easier to like Ryan (or any other favorite character) than the protagonist (Connor) in a first-person story precisely because we don't see all that goes on in their head.

Good point. Especially if the protagonist is idealizing the other character.

What do you mean "idealizing" the other character? Are you suggesting that what Connor sees is not the "real" Ryan??? :blink:

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW

I must say that it is the part that threw me off... I mean, he got an unreasonable amout of far from cheap presents... I did wonder how Maggy, as a single parent, could afford to buy so much (I know, whe wasn't alone, but she is the one giving Ryan and Cody their pocket money too I guess)...

Well, I had already been slightly surprised with the Xmas presents (I mean the entire DVD collection and CDs of Elton john and a portable DVd player can't be ahtat cheap... unless the prices in the US are very different). So reparing an old car + so many other presents, I did wonder when the present's shower would stop :wacko: .

I would say his personality can't not have changed, but I'm not sure wether it's really very noticable from one chapter to the other. If we reread the 1st chapter of your story, the change is tremendous, he is a lot more confident... To me, the main post-rape difference might be that he seems able to accept help form the people around him. Can't pinpoint anything else yet.

well, it is certainly true that Ryan is the most beloved character. I guess it might be because he seems like the perfect boyfriend, supportive and loving etc. So How can poor connor compare to him?

But there are other cases of very good stories with a similar character ranking : look at "Dropping Desert" where Rory was certainly not the most well liked character, nevertheless, the story was quite well liked in itself ^^ Same with "The Ordinay Us" (well, I love the main character and his insecurities / slighly psycho side, but I'm not sure it saw everybody's case, and I'm sure Jude must have been the favorite character in this story too ^^). (Okie, I only cited Domluka's stories :wub: , but it's kind of nice to have your story compared to his, isn't it? :D )

well, I'll be looking forward to your next chapter ^_^