Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Tips for flirting with someone still in the closet

Aceinthehole

This is a bit of an odd topic but hear me out. 

Recently I made a new friend at work. Based off some subtle moments of catching each other staring and prolonged conversations, I'm pretty sure he's interested in something more. However, I'm very sure he's still closeted (we live in a religious area, and both grew up going to catholic schools). 

I'm only 22, but I haven't flirted with a closeted guy since High School. To be honest I've lost the art of subtle flirting and could use some tips to get me back on track! Any advice is welcome! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can't help you there, Ace....  I have trouble, too.  Stuck between "be yourself" and "whore yourself out."  LOL

Watched any gay movies lately?  Maybe drop a hint or two from the movie.

• Love 1

19 hours ago, Ashi said:

Can't help you there, Ace....  I have trouble, too.  Stuck between "be yourself" and "whore yourself out."  LOL

That's good advice. Unfortunately he's not at work this week, so I'll have to try next week. Fingers crossed I don't accidentally cross a line! 

• Love 1

19 hours ago, Ashi said:

Hey that's me! I'm hopeless at flurting. And when someone flirts with me.

• Haha 1

I just talk about movies I’ve seen or books I’ve read. Since a large percentage of what I see and read are LGBTQ, it means that most of the time I’m describing movies and books that straight friends (and, in the past, coworkers) had never heard of before. In my area at least, there’s more crossover than in the past, with straight people being more aware of the most significant happenings in the LGBTQ community.  ;–)

You could also mention the stories you’ve written here on GA…  ;–)

37 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

My tip for flirting with someone closeted:

Hide contents

Be careful because they are in the closet for a reason. 

This is the best piece of advice. Definitely head it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Who even says that you have to flirt? Just taking time out of your day to strike up conversations. Keep it as casual as you can and just be friendly and get to know them on a personal level that they are comfortable with. :) You say you're friends, but it is new, so flirting might out and out scare them, but sometimes it is better to make people comfortable and safe around you so they can open up, instead of forcing any sort of thing onto them as in flirting.. etc. 

Edited by Krista
  • Like 4