[Vlista] Cameron Chapter 8!

This chapter has some surprising and some not so surprising revelations in Cameroons life. Don't miss out, because it will be the talk at the water cooler tomorrow!!! : D

This chapter has some surprising and some not so surprising revelations in Cameroons life. Don't miss out, because it will be the talk at the water cooler tomorrow!!! : D

Talk about turning things on their head!

(spoilers below, just highlight the black area to see the text)

I was finally comfortable hating Mr. Harris with no reservations, and all of a sudden we have that scene in the hospital room, and now I actually like him! What a roller-coaster (and just like real life!).

I think it was very interesting that Mrs. Harris commented on Cole being handsome... Perhaps she suspects? If so, she seems to be very accepting, to say the least!

I'm also wondering what will happen when Cameron spends the night at Cole's. I have a suspicion that there will be more then just movies and pizza going on. :devil:

A great chapter! Things seem to be looking up for Cameron! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Excellent chapter, Vance! :2thumbs:

I think I was giving Cameron's father too much credit, and thought he might be willing to reconcile with his son ... I was wrong. I was also pretty surprised at Mr. Harris' reaction to Cameron telling him off ... see, good things can happen when you stand up for yourself! ;) And might Mrs. Harris know Cameron better than he thinks she does??? Anyway, you're definitely very good at keeping your readers guessing!

And I think Cole's reaction to Cameron being able to go over and spend the night was sooo adorable! I'm really glad to see how willing he has been to let his guard down around Cameron ... there must be something special in Cameron that he senses that makes him able to do that.

Anyway, can't wait to read about the "sleepover" (although I'm not sure much 'sleeping' will actually be taking place)! :P

*Hugz*

Buddha

Yes, another great chapter, Vance! :2thumbs:

Well isn't Cameron becoming quite the young adult? To think that he could feel compassion for his father (or sperm donor as Drew refers to him :D ) for the loss of his wife and family. It was simply amazing. It didn't turn out well but at least Cameron won't be haunted by any regrets around not reaching out to his dad.

I'm curious as to whether Cameron will press assault charges against his father. Probably not.

Then Cameron proceeds to lay into Harris and brings the jerk to his knees. :great: Good for Cameron! Kudos to Harris for taking that in and admitting that Cameron was right on.

While there's hope for Harris, the big test for him will come when Cameron comes out or gets outed.

So why did Mrs. Harris mention that Cole was handsome? Her husband is lousy in bed and she wants to have a menage-a-trois with Cameron and Cole. :P But the actual menage-a-trois will be between Cole, Cameron and Adam, the sexy male nurse. :devil: I'm sure that little diversion won't detract from the story at all. 0:)

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Another great chapter as usual.

Although I don't buy Mr. Harris act for minute I won't give him the benefit of the doubt..maybe if he keeps this nice act up than it is genuien but I can't help but wonder if he revert back to the mean Harris once something comes up wheater it be Cameron's sexulaity or not.

And maybe Mrs. Harris suspects I think sooo with her comments afterall Cole stop by didnt call the house he has the number but physically went I think that would raise a few eyebrows for me too if I were Mrs. Harris.

I won't write off Cameron's Dad yet I think he might make a turn around before the end of the story.

Another Fabulous chapter Vance !

Camerons dad gave me a little surprise i was giving in too much hope i think. i actually thought he was going to come and be nice maybe.. i dont know i think he'll come through and make a complete turn around before the end of the story

i was begining to hate mr Harris but he relized he was being a little harsh so i can say that i dont hate him .. but i hope he loosens up alittle more with cameron

Vance you continue to have a stunningly good handle on people in these situations, the perpetrators, the victims and the rescuers as well. Take care. Pax Steve S/V Gandalf Sevilla :2thumbs:

Wow! I loved this chapter :2thumbs: , and since I haven't been around to comment on the last few I might do that too lol.

I was so excited when Cameron and Cole decided to give it a try! I loved the way it was described with Cole just "feeling something" LOL and Cameron checking to make sure he wasn't hard! :lmao:

I have to say Mr. Harris really ticked me off in the last couple of chapters! I can't believe how dismissive he was toward Cameron's feelings! And especially after what happened with his stepmother's sister! I really wanted to see Cameron tell her off.

I was SHOCKED with what happened at the hospital, I was definitely thinking there'd be some sort of reconciliation. I was also really surprised to find out that it was a vase Cameron had been hit with. I assumed his dad had somehow gotten out of bed and hit him, but of course the vase thing makes more sense.

Like everyone else I was glad to see that Mr. Harris was finally going to lighten up on Cameron a little. But personally I think I'd still be a little mad and suspicious if I were Cameron.

I think it was very interesting that Mrs. Harris commented on Cole being handsome... Perhaps she suspects? If so, she seems to be very accepting, to say the least!

hmm everyone seems to be focusing on this point, but personally I didn't take it at anything more than face value. When I was growing up my mom and especially grandmother would often make remarks like that, similar to "he's such a nice boy etc.". I guess it could mean more than that, but I hadn't thought that until I read people's comments.

I'm also wondering what will happen when Cameron spends the night at Cole's. I have a suspicion that there will be more then just movies and pizza going on. :devil:

LOL well they did say they were going to "take it slow" though, but I'm DEFINITELY very eager to read about what does happen!!

Anyway I really loved the last few chapters, and I really empathized with all the characters, be it Cameron, his father, his stepmother's family, Cole or Kyle. Awesome job, Vance!!!

Have a great day everyone and take care!

Kevin

Like everyone else I was glad to see that Mr. Harris was finally going to lighten up on Cameron a little. But personally I think I'd still be a little mad and suspicious if I were Cameron.

hmm everyone seems to be focusing on this point, but personally I didn't take it at anything more than face value. When I was growing up my mom and especially grandmother would often make remarks like that, similar to "he's such a nice boy etc.". I guess it could mean more than that, but I hadn't thought that until I read people's comments.

I too was stunned by Mr. Harris' reaction at the hospital when Cameron told him off! And here I was so nice and comfortable hating the guy, right up until that point...

I keep forgetting that Cameron has been a friend of the Harris family for many years, so he knows them well.

I'm most curious about how both Mr. Harris, and Kyle (Cameron's best friend) react to finding out Cameron is gay. I'm betting it won't go smoothly, at least at first!

LOL well they did say they were going to "take it slow" though, but I'm DEFINITELY very eager to read about what does happen!!

Well, I still say that it will be more than just sitting around eating movies and watching Pizza! Slow doesn't mean totally platonic... :devil::devil::devil:

Who knows... They might have a lot of work to do with the painting, end up all hot, sweaty, and shirtless, and at least kiss. Repeatedly. All over. :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Another great chapter Vance!

I continue to be surprised at the turn-around that Cameron is making but it's fairly easy to accept when you read his inner monologue for his rationale. I wasn't too surprised at Cameron's (fill in your favourite expletive here...) Dad's actions in the hospital as I've seen people lash out when they are upset in unjustified ways but I hope this at least gives Cameron another push to put his past behind him.

One thing that surprised me with Mr.Harris (besides his being able to accept that he can be wrong) was that he didn't even mention charging Cameron's Dad with assault... you'd think knocking someone out for that period of time and being the straight-laced law enforcement officer that he is that he'd want to at least broach the subject with Cameron!

I'm looking forward to seeing where things go with Cole as they both seem to provide something to the other that they need.

Thanks for another great story that ranks up with Shane!

Steve

I wasn't too surprised at Cameron's (fill in your favourite expletive here...) Dad's actions in the hospital as I've seen people lash out when they are upset in unjustified ways but I hope this at least gives Cameron another push to put his past behind him.

Hmmm,

do we want Cameron to put his past behind him? I mean perhaps it would be best if he could instead work things out with his dad (best for both their psychological states). You could be right though, I mean perhaps there is "no chance" of a reconcilation, and yet I still sense that we're not quite done with good ole' dad just yet. Certainly either way Cameron is going to have some work to do to get past it, I'm just wondering if perhaps this time the protagonist might work things out with his parent.

How's this for a theory, when the Harris family finds out Cameron is gay they kick him out, and dad, who doesn't care about that and now feels guilty for the way he treated Cameron, takes him back in. LOL, okay I don't really believe that either, but it could happen and it would be very interesting!

One thing that surprised me with Mr.Harris (besides his being able to accept that he can be wrong) was that he didn't even mention charging Cameron's Dad with assault... you'd think knocking someone out for that period of time and being the straight-laced law enforcement officer that he is that he'd want to at least broach the subject with Cameron!

I hadn't even thought to be surprised until you mentioned that! But now that you have: :o:huh:

Perhaps Mr. Harris just didn't think that was the best time to bring it up, maybe we'll hear more about it in future chapters. Actually though it almost fits with his previous behaviour of siding with Cameron's stepaunt (and I don't mean that he's consistantly choosing against Cameron - although he is - I mean that he tends to feel especially sorry for the bereaved and makes special "allowances" where they're concerned.)

I'm looking forward to seeing where things go with Cole as they both seem to provide something to the other that they need.

I agree! :D

Have an awesome day everyone!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace