The Drop in Centre

21 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Is it weather report time?? It's 89 and blazingly sunny here today.  

I hate it 

Yeah, I'm not much for super hot weather, except I can watch men in shorts. Other than that, it's not my cup of tea. 

However, having a backyard now makes it easier to bear. And the house has central air, so that's a bonus too. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Yeah, I'm not much for super hot weather, except I can watch men in shorts. Other than that, it's not my cup of tea. 

However, having a backyard now makes it easier to bear. And the house has central air, so that's a bonus too. 

This is currently the hottest streak of weather I have ever endured. We've had three weeks of temps in the 90s with heat indexes over 100. Most days the humidity is like a swamp. 

Considering a high % of the men in Florida are over the age of 65..... well, let's just say it's not worth looking at. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
49 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

For sure!!!

Where I live now has both a washer and dryer in the house and also Central AC and let me tell you I don't know how I spent the majority of my adult life With neither of those things of my own home........,

I don't think I could go back to living any other way at this point

• Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
51 minutes ago, kbois said:

This is currently the hottest streak of weather I have ever endured. We've had three weeks of temps in the 90s with heat indexes over 100. Most days the humidity is like a swamp. 

Considering a high % of the men in Florida are over the age of 65..... well, let's just say it's not worth looking at. 

That was our whole summer last year. It was horrible!

So far it's not been anything like that hot. Geez.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm liking Dan's house too.  i hope we get to stay.

We had a window AC in the apartment but the laundry was down stairs.

But this is much better. Plus i have both Michael and Dan, and a nice backyard.   i don't want to give any of them back. :)

This is for tomorrow because today sucked big time.

image.png.48b3628426e2e955c6841d89156243a4.png

Hope tomorrow is great for you.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Today I spent a large amount of time researching making a private dog park and talking to our lawyer about the inherent risk involved. 

It seems like a manageable amount of risk, because Ohio is a strict liability state regarding dogs, so our residents would need to have coverage on their home policy plus we would have a waiver involved in the registration of each dog. 

So.  If accounting wants to spend the money (it might be over 30k so.......) I guess we would do it 

• Like 5

You know, the more i am on GA, the less i think i should be.. not in here. But the comments people make some times.

Like even on this site you're never good enough and too many are ready to stab you and put you down.

• Sad 5
1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

Today I spent a large amount of time researching making a private dog park and talking to our lawyer about the inherent risk involved. 

It seems like a manageable amount of risk, because Ohio is a strict liability state regarding dogs, so our residents would need to have coverage on their home policy plus we would have a waiver involved in the registration of each dog. 

So.  If accounting wants to spend the money (it might be over 30k so.......) I guess we would do it 

is this where you work?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

You know, the more i am on GA, the less i think i should be.. not in here. But the comments people make some times.

Like even on this site you're never good enough and too many are ready to stab you and put you down.

That sucks.  I'm really sorry folks are being stupid and mean.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

is this where you work?

Yeah I work for a continuing care retirement community (all the phases of elder care on one campus) 

And the independent living elders have decided they want a dog park on the northern campus community. 

It's........a bit more involved than just putting a fence in a square. Or so I've found lol 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

That sucks.  I'm really sorry folks are being stupid and mean.  

don't know why it bothers me but it does..  most writers here are amateur.. and people think that's means bad..  Amator.. latin means to love.

they just want to tell their story.. if you want professional writing and standards then spend your money and buy a book.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Yeah I work for a continuing care retirement community (all the phases of elder care on one campus) 

And the independent living elders have decided they want a dog park on the northern campus community. 

It's........a bit more involved than just putting a fence in a square. Or so I've found lol 

yes it would be dogs can be dangerous but they are also great .. i hope it works out

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

don't know why it bothers me but it does..  most writers here are amateur.. and people think that's means bad..  Amator.. latin means to love.

they just want to tell their story.. if you want professional writing and standards then spend your money and buy a book.

Yes!  People need to remember to be kind.  If you don't like it, move on. 

I always wonder if these folks are the type to tell you how awful the gift you gave them is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yes it would be dogs can be dangerous but they are also great .. i hope it works out

Yeah part of the reasoning is that some folks have gotten tangled in the leash and fallen with injuries.  I'm not sure this is a better solution as far as expectation of injury dropping......but I just work here lol.  I report on the risk management and let the executives choose what to do. 

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I agree. There are many times I've read something here and either the writing or the content is just not good. I can't find it in myself to criticize anyone in the comments. A few chapters into my first story I had someone message me and basically tell me I had no business writing and posting such crap. I almost stopped because of that. I'm not gonna lie... it hurt. But, I saw that others were posting positive comments so I merely thanked the person for their opinion and told them to stop reading. To this day I still question everything I write, always wondering if it's any good or not. 

Try not to be discouraged. There are plenty of members who aren't negative. Or... at least I hope so!

Speaking of writing, I think I'm finally past my writer's block. I have a story to finish and I hear my laptop calling me. 

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, kbois said:

I agree. There are many times I've read something here and either the writing or the content is just not good. I can't find it in myself to criticize anyone in the comments. A few chapters into my first story I had someone message me and basically tell me I had no business writing and posting such crap. I almost stopped because of that. I'm not gonna lie... it hurt. But, I saw that others were posting positive comments so I merely thanked the person for their opinion and told them to stop reading. To this day I still question everything I write, always wondering if it's any good or not. 

Try not to be discouraged. There are plenty of members who aren't negative. Or... at least I hope so!

Speaking of writing, I think I'm finally past my writer's block. I have a story to finish and I hear my laptop calling me. 

no... people work hard on their stories, good or not.  They are just doing what they like to do. Some will appeal, some wont.

Sometimes people will ask you what you think. So you can talk to them.

i came here from a site where they did reviews and things. But even there, i didn't read things like i do here.

They get our souls for free and they have no decency.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

no... people work hard on their stories, good or not.  They are just doing what they like to do. Some will appeal, some wont.

Sometimes people will ask you what you think. So you can talk to them.

i came here from a site where they did reviews and things. But even there, i didn't read things like i do here.

They get our souls for free and they have no decency.

There will always be those people whose sole purpose in life is to be miserable. I know a few and because they are family, I limit my interactions with them. 

On a lighter note.... I'm wearing a pair of Christmas leggings for pajama pants. Why? Because I can. 😁

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

That was our whole summer last year. It was horrible!

So far it's not been anything like that hot. Geez.

I’m so glad this summer hasn’t been a repeat of last year. It’s not a summer I’ll look back upon fondly. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m so glad this summer hasn’t been a repeat of last year. It’s not a summer I’ll look back upon fondly. 

no.. was it cooler for you today?  it was pretty nice here

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I do appreciate when other readers put those ingrates in their proper place. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

no.. was it cooler for you today?  it was pretty nice here

Yes it was, and I actually got some weeding done this evening before the big rain tomorrow. Figures it’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow when it just happens to be garbage and recycle pick up day.  I feel for anyone who has to soend their work day in the rain. 

• Wow 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Yes it was, and I actually got some weeding done this evening before the big rain tomorrow. Figures it’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow when it just happens to be garbage and recycle pick up day.  I feel for anyone who has to soend their work day in the rain. 

That's good. Dan and i went out to do some gardening. i like it. it helps my brain somehow

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's good. Dan and i went out to do some gardening. i like it. it helps my brain somehow

When I found out you were at Dan’s house my first (maybe second, it was a bit ago after all lol) thought was of you and gardening. I kind of remember being that is something you like very much.

Weeding helps my mind slow down to the point it’s almost off. Not having to think or worry about “stuff” is a nice side effect of tasks like weeding. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

When I found out you were at Dan’s house my first (maybe second, it was a bit ago after all lol) thought was of you and gardening. I kind of remember being that is something you like very much.

Weeding helps my mind slow down to the point it’s almost off. Not having to think or worry about “stuff” is a nice side effect of tasks like weeding. 

Yeah i do. Dan has roses like my mum did. it's nice and yeah being outside is restful. Gardening is so far away from computers and idiot customers.

i had a bunch today and long idiotic meetings.   i won't miss it.  Michael said i can give my notice mid August cuz He's making enough to support us.  i cannot wait.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..