The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

@BHopper2  we watched this last night, but not on a 'playable' format .. still it was interesting. However this article about how it was written and shot was also interesting: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch

That's mindblowing. I no longer have access to Netflix, but I would love to watch this.

• Like 2

Just now, BHopper2 said:

That's mindblowing. I no longer have access to Netflix, but I would love to watch this.

We didn't watch it on netflix either... Michael found a version online.  It sort of reminded me of that story/game genre you were wanting to write it.

• Love 1

I told BB this on Saturday and debated if I should share it. Something Mom told me.

Told me something pretty morbid, after I told her I was worried about her at the procedure. I quote her, "'A', I love you. But you need to realize, I'm at the age where they hand you a Bible and say 'here, study for your final exam.'"

I laughed my damn ass off when she said it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

Hi molly, tim... head feels like it’s stuffed with cotton wool, but I’m hanging in :) 

With the crazy weather we have had, that doesn't surprise me. Feel better!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I told BB this on Saturday and debated if I should share it. Something Mom told me.

I laughed my damn ass off when she said it.

worse ways to go than dying on the table ... i think that every time the stick me on one and put me to sleep.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We didn't watch it on netflix either... Michael found a version online.  It sort of reminded me of that story/game genre you were wanting to write it.

Yes, LitRPG its an interesting concept, and one I'm planning to do once my Tampa Chronicles series is done. Along with my Twincest SciFi.

I love this series in the LitRPG genre.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079FQXJMN/ref=series_rw_dp_sw

Edited by BHopper2
Won't do Amazon previews.

8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

worse ways to go than dying on the table ... i think that every time the stick me on one and put me to sleep.

I chuckled, but true. The heart is because I like dark humor, and it's a true statement.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Haven’t watched Black Mirror in so long. 

Omg. Harvey’s. Lol. 

black mirror with a harvey's...LOL

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Okay.. early October i will be making homemade mincemeat .. that ready made stuff was a HUGE disappointment.

I've been finding a lot of premade stuff, a disappointment. There's fridge-case readymade cheesecake filling that's nasty AF.

• Like 1

it is so easy to make.. raisins, currents, mixed peel, spices, suet, etc.. and brandy of course... mix .. warm in oven 2.5 hours.. put into  sterilized jars. Wait.   The only one we could find this year was like jam .. it should not be like jam. I will make some. and have enough to share as gifts too.

• Love 2

Just now, BHopper2 said:

I've been finding a lot of premade stuff, a disappointment. There's fridge-case readymade cheesecake filling that's nasty AF.

oh i should share AC's cheesecake with you ....omg.. i made it for Michael .. it is a beautiful cake... wow.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh i should share AC's cheesecake with you ....omg.. i made it for Michael .. it is a beautiful cake... wow.

My inbox is open, and to quote Iron Chef America:

"So now America, with an open heart and an empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my uncle: 'Allez cuisine!'"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

My inbox is open, and to quote Iron Chef America:

i think it is still on my old hard drive ..  i will ask him for it ... it was silky and nice.. you need to make sure you do not over bake it.. or it will crack.. NO Cracks!!!  Mine didn't . yay

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Jdonley75 said:

Not me...  One of my characters in something rather big I'm working on.  To do that, I have to re-learn how to make a truly evil character that doesn't have just a simple plan but rather a layer of plots and plans that are laid out over decades.  I don't want to tip it all off at once, so I need to re-learn how an immortal bloodsucker that has existed for centuries plots and plans their way towards their goals. 

Sounds like my sister.

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Another of those Appalachian sayings were talking about elsewhere? :yes:

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/426185/what-is-the-origin-of-the-phrase-it-warms-the-cockles-of-my-heart

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Okay.. early October i will be making homemade mincemeat .. that ready made stuff was a HUGE disappointment.

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

Along this line, I was having a conversation last night with some friends about Krispy Kremes.  Specifically, how ironic it is that they are used so often as fundraisers by high school cheerleaders and athletes.  Sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..