The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

They were good..... Just I had no idea they were prepared with hot sauce.  I was expecting like....spinachy bland.  

i cook swiss chard in some red wine vinegar and garlic until just wilted ... no hot sauce, it's not a requirement. And Michael would not appreciate it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i cook swiss chard in some red wine vinegar and garlic until just wilted ... no hot sauce, it's not a requirement. And Michael would not appreciate it.

that sounds delicious!

and on that tasty note, time for bed for this girl, back to work tomorrow.  

sleep well when you go, i'll see you tomorrow

• Like 2

Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

that sounds delicious!

it is delicous .. i dont think i'll be long either.. good night molly

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kitt said:

This discussion brings to mind the year a friend served a wild turkey her husband had gotten during hunting season. When I asked how it turned out, she announced quite proudly "I tasted just like turkey!".   

Uh, yeah...

Some friends of ours put up photos on their blog from a fishing trip. How they caught the fish, skinned it, cooked it over an open fire, and ate it. You know, as you do. Then they got these outraged comments from people calling them barbaric and 'oh the poor fish' and 'can't you just get them from the supermarket like a normal person?' I laughed. And then I cried a little bit, because really??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that sounds delicious!

Goodnight, molly! :) 

• Like 2

I'm gonna head to bed as well. New Year's Eve did nothing to fix my sleeping habits.... Maybe that's my new year's resolution: Go to bed at a decent hour.

Goodnight, DiC! See you all tomorrow. :hug: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I'm gonna head to bed as well. New Year's Eve did nothing to fix my sleeping habits.... Maybe that's my new year's resolution: Go to bed at a decent hour.

Goodnight.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that sounds delicious!

Sleep well, miss molly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Sleep well, Thorn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

been thinking about that story midnight train ... i've fitted all the parts together .. now i need to write the reason... i need to make some notes.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Good thoughts, I hope.

If you do write it, it'll be killer.

i've put the three sections together ... the train station first, then the tv segment, then the restaurant ... the guy in the restaurant knows about the Aidey from the train station.. he feels him 'arrive' ... so i need to go from there

• Love 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

i've put the three sections together ... the train station first, then the tv segment, then the restaurant ... the guy in the restaurant knows about the Aidey from the train station.. he feels him 'arrive' ... so i need to go from there

That's Awesome, Bro. You know I'm fangirling over here. LOL From what you showed me, I can see all sorts of possibilities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

That's Awesome, Bro. You know I'm fangirling over here. LOL From what you showed me, I can see all sorts of possibilities.

well i may have you look at it once i write a bit more to see what you think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

He breathed through his nose. Lately, he had found himself becoming frustrated with his place, and with those above him. Reaching around the small table he gripped it tightly; mentally pushing his frustration into the wood.

He stopped himself once he felt the wood bend. There was something else that entered his mind … someone else. He released the table, sat erect and looked around; casting he called it. He could see and he saw a boy, hurt but he was lying on a stone floor. The stone was dangerous.

He got to his feet. The waitress stood with his food. He looked at her, “Can you box that?”

She glared at him. “It’s fifty-cents more.”

“Fine, thank you. Can you hurry?”

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5

14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

well i may have you look at it once i write a bit more to see what you think.

Anytime Bro. I'll be happy to.

10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

He breathed through his nose. Lately, he had found himself becoming frustrated with his place, and with those above him. Reaching around the small table he gripped it tightly; mentally pushing his frustration into the wood.

He stopped himself once he felt the wood bend. There was something else that entered his mind … someone else. He released the table, sat erect and looked around; casting he called it. He could see and he saw a boy, hurt but he was lying on a stone floor. The stone was dangerous.

He got to his feet. The waitress stood with his food. He looked at her, “Can you box that?”

That is a great tie together. I still think the waitress is a witch, but damn bro.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Anytime Bro. I'll be happy to.

That is a great tie together. I still think the waitress is a witch, but damn bro.

she is a witch .. she higher in the social order than he is so resents serving those people. i need to think about it but i think there's a story

i've taken a pill .. and i think i'm gonna try and sleep. goodnight xo

• Like 3

Good morning, DiC! It's sunny outside today. I've already missed half of the six daylight hours we get at the moment, though, of course. Today feels like a stay inside and do fuck all kind of day.

• Like 3

Good morning everyone. Welcome to "get back to a normal schedule" day.

@Thorn Wilde have you and your docs considered seasonal affective e disorder may be part of your depression issues?

8 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Some friends of ours put up photos on their blog from a fishing trip. How they caught the fish, skinned it, cooked it over an open fire, and ate it. You know, as you do. Then they got these outraged comments from people calling them barbaric and 'oh the poor fish' and 'can't you just get them from the supermarket like a normal person?' I laughed. And then I cried a little bit, because really??

Umm, do they think the super markets and fish markets wave their magic knives and the food appears all cut and trimmed and ready to wrap?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Good morning everyone. Welcome to "get back to a normal schedule" day.

@Thorn Wilde have you and your docs considered seasonal affective e disorder may be part of your depression issues?

Umm, do they think the super markets and fish markets wave their magic knives and the food appears all cut and trimmed and ready to wrap?

I have bipolar II disorder. It's true that my depressive episodes often happen in late autumn/winter, but it's a pretty airtight diagnosis given my hypomania. I also get depressive episodes at other times of year sometimes. All in all I tend to have about 3 to 4 depressive or hypomanic episodes per year (sometimes only 2, if I'm lucky; they've become more frequent, though). Hypomania tends to happen in spring, mid-late summer, and/or autumn, but sometimes my autumn episode can be depression as well. Plus mixed episodes. Ugh, hate those, they're exhausting. But yeah, season is only a part of it insofar as I have a relatively steady cycle. My medication really helps, or I'd probably be a lot more depressed right now than I am.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wow. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Kitt said:

< said in my most whiney voice>

But I don't WANNA go!

hahaahaha ... i don't have to go .. not till Sunday ...LOL

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..