The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

12 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

It's beyond clear how our system works. We are the cash cows...$150 for him to fill in not even a full page of an insurance form. $50 for work note, if we're lucky. Why people think it is 'free' I don't know.  Last time tim had surgery it cost us about $2,000 with forms, lost time at work and other crap. Plus the taxes we pay … not remotely free, or efficient or quick. 

Thanks for that enlightenment.  It's so often painted as perfection to us down below here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Not snowing here yet, but they say its gonna, then rain, sleet, back to snow, and finishing off with temps in the single digits so everything freezes solid.

That sounds like no fun at all. 

1 minute ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Thanks for that enlightenment.  It's so often painted as perfection to us down below here.

No system is perfect. There are definitely better ways of doing it than Canada, though... Of course, it’s a matter of prioritising as well. Not just where does the money come from, but also where does the money go. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning Sirs and friends

the sun is out here, but the wind is cold & fierce

hope you have a good day!

If you modified that slightly, you could turn it into a Tanka 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Morning everyone.

Daily check-in before I dive into this school shit. Don't get me wrong, I like what I'm doing, but this course it turning out harder than I thought it would be. Doesn't help that the learning disability is kicking in with this damn program we're using.

What class are you taking now, A?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

What class are you taking now, A?

Personal Financial Planning In The Accounting Field. It counts both as an accounting class and a math class.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Just now, BHopper2 said:

Personal Financial Planning In The Accounting Field. It counts both as an accounting class and a math class.

Mmm, that's rough. But, at least you'll get credit for both. My accounting class did not count as a math course, although it most certainly should have.

Let me know if you need help with any of it. I may remember a thing or two. (although, my class was business accounting, not personal)

• Like 4

Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

hello @MacGreg Sir

good to see you!

hello @BHopper2 that class sounds very close to torture for me

i'm back from the salon, and lunch with Phil

and now it's napt time

i'll see everyone later

Gentle dreams, molly.

• Like 2

Just now, MacGreg said:

Mmm, that's rough. But, at least you'll get credit for both. My accounting class did not count as a math course, although it most certainly should have.

Let me know if you need help with any of it. I may remember a thing or two. (although, my class was business accounting, not personal)

Thanks, Mac. It's an interesting course so far. My main issue is this additional program, we're working within this class, which is a completely different setup from my last four classes. This program has our tests, textbook, and assignments for the work during the week. But there are three ways to do the same stuff. 

We start off with a Diagnostic test and get a foundation of what areas of the chapters we need a better understanding of. The first is a series of study and practice tests section by section on each chapter. The second is the chapters themselves, and that's just straight up reading the chapters. The final is a "learning path" which is the chapters narrated like an audiobook, with videos, and mini-games, to promote learning. We're supposed to do all three.

I'm still not sure how people with jobs and families do this stuff. Or, I'm just a sucky student that spends all day on it, while others can do it more efficiently than what I'm doing. I know I'm not that sucky, seeing I have four classes down, an A in each, and sitting with a 4.0 average.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello @BHopper2 that class sounds very close to torture for me

Calculus and Economics took me a while to grasp in High School. Trying to remember that, plus this program is what's doing me in.

• Like 2

...and there I think the fever’s coming on. My tonsils have been taking the brunt of the infection until now which means sore throat but otherwise fine, but now I’m feeling that telltale dry warmth in my face and round my eyes which tends to indicate a fever in my case. And I was so hoping I might be able to avoid it... Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, did all the stuff I can today for school, got to wait till tomorrow for more to "unlock" for us. Shot off a PM to my instructor, cause it feels that three pathways on the same subject matter, is just overkill.

I'll be in and out, but I'm going to go chill and play some Skyrim.

• Love 3

12 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Ok, did all the stuff I can today for school, got to wait till tomorrow for more to "unlock" for us. Shot off a PM to my instructor, cause it feels that three pathways on the same subject matter, is just overkill.

I'll be in and out, but I'm going to go chill and play some Skyrim.

Well done! Enjoy Skyrim. :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

We start off with a Diagnostic test and get a foundation of what areas of the chapters we need a better understanding of. The first is a series of study and practice tests section by section on each chapter. The second is the chapters themselves, and that's just straight up reading the chapters. The final is a "learning path" which is the chapters narrated like an audiobook, with videos, and mini-games, to promote learning. We're supposed to do all three.

I'm still not sure how people with jobs and families do this stuff. Or, I'm just a sucky student that spends all day on it, while others can do it more efficiently than what I'm doing. I know I'm not that sucky, seeing I have four classes down, an A in each, and sitting with a 4.0 average.

It sounds like a great method of identifying what you need to know, teaching it, and then reinforcing it.  I'll be curious about your reaction to the methodology after you've completed the class.  Your current 4.0 average tells why you spend all day on it - you want to do it right.  The best of luck with the journey, and the results.  :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Morning, DiC! Happy Sunday! :hug: 

Feeling worse this morning. Throat’s really sore and my nose is super stuffy. Boyfriend’s feeling a little bit better, but is still pretty miserable. What a fine pair we make, lol!

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, DiC! Happy Sunday! :hug: 

Feeling worse this morning. Throat’s really sore and my nose is super stuffy. Boyfriend’s feeling a little bit better, but is still pretty miserable. What a fine pair we make, lol!

take it easy...

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Yeah, doing our best. Hope you’re doing okay today! :hug: 

Doing okay ... it's cold -33C and i'm not going out there... may as well just reach in and rip my lungs out.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..