The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

I have a new story set to drop in the next day or two. It's posted unpublished, so Cia can look over the tags and the story and chapter warnings. Had to slap a huge one on the chapter, due to a graphic scene. It's titled: Hello, my name is Eric.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I have a new story set to drop in the next day or two. It's posted unpublished, so Cia can look over the tags and the story and chapter warnings. Had to slap a huge one on the chapter, due to a graphic scene. It's titled: Hello, my name is Eric.

Can’t wait to read it. 

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

I miss your word of the day, Bro. But, I like that quote.

Me too. On both counts.

• Like 4

i just haven't had the desire to post anything ... sad cuz all i need to do is copy it... word of the day will be back....

• Like 2
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i just haven't had the desire to post anything ... sad cuz all i need to do is copy it... word of the day will be back....

You look out for yourself first, Bro.

• Like 4

Did my taxes for the first time since I went on disability, for the 1098-T tuition statement form. Went through the whole process, and ended up with a refund. Wondered why I did, shrugged said Oh Well... then it dawned on me... this is part of what I'm studying at college right now. Yes, I want to do payroll and bookkeeping aspects, but tax prep is part of it. Also, at the end of the program, one of the final classes is a Prep course for my C.P.A. lisc.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator

Good afternoon everyone...

Its bloody cold today (-16C/3F but feels like -27C/-17F so says the Weather Network :( ) Thank goodness it’s sunny...

@Mikiesboy I hope your doctor visit went well and that you don’t have to go out again. 

As for the rest of you, have a great day...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

You do whatever you feel able and comfortable with doing, when you feel like doing it. We love you regardless. :hug: 

• Like 2

Well that was fun... blood work fine, xray fine ... He thinks it's just a super virus that doesn't want to let go.  Said there could be some bacteria hiding out even though it didn't show up, so i have a five day course of Azithromycin. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well that was fun... blood work fine, xray fine ... He thinks it's just a super virus that doesn't want to let go.  Said there could be some bacteria hiding out even though it didn't show up, so i have a five day course of Azithromycin. 

I guess that's a good news/bad news thing, but the good news seems to outweigh the bad.  I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Backwoods Boy said:

I guess that's a good news/bad news thing, but the good news seems to outweigh the bad.  I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks .. tomorrow it will be a full month.. i'm tired of it .. but i'm gonna go back to work tomorrow.  i'm tired of being home as well.

• Like 5

i am working on a Ballade ... which is a poem made up of 3 octaves, which is 8 lines and for mine i have chosen 10 syllables per line.  The last octave is followed by a quatrain.

The rhyme scheme for the first three octaves a, b, a, b, b, c, b, C. The rhyme scheme for the quatrain is b, c, b, C. The last line of each stanza consists of a refrain, (a repeated line), indicated as the C in the above rhyme schemes.

i've written the first octave ....

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i am working on a Ballade ... which is a poem made up of 3 octaves, which is 8 lines and for mine i have chosen 10 syllables per line.  The last octave is followed by a quatrain.

The rhyme scheme for the first three octaves a, b, a, b, b, c, b, C. The rhyme scheme for the quatrain is b, c, b, C. The last line of each stanza consists of a refrain, (a repeated line), indicated as the C in the above rhyme schemes.

Sounds like a fun challenge. Good luck! :heart: 

• Like 3

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Sounds like a fun challenge. Good luck! :heart: 

Fun?  i don't know but defo a challenge, but i like to make them work and they have to just sound natural.  And the refrain needs to work for each octave  ... that's a lot of of rhyming words.. you'd need  6 for A, 11 for B, and 5 for C

Here is an example:

Ballade of a Ship by Edwin Arlington Robinson

Down by the flash of the restless water (a)
The dim White Ship like a white bird lay; (b)
Laughing at life and the world they sought her, (a)
And out she swung to the silvering bay. (b)
Then off they flew on their roystering way, (b)
And the keen moon fired the light foam flying (c)
Up from the flood where the faint stars play, (b)
And the bones of the brave in the wave are lying. (C)

'Twas a king's fair son with a king's fair daughter, (a)
And full three hundred beside, they say, - (b)
Revelling on for the lone, cold slaughter (a)
So soon to seize them and hide them for aye; (b)
But they danced and they drank and their souls grew gay, (b)
Nor ever they knew of a ghoul's eye spying (c)
Their splendor a flickering phantom to stray (b)
Where the bones of the brave in the wave are lying. (C)

Through the mist of a drunken dream they brought her (a)
(This wild white bird) for the sea-fiend's prey: (b)
The pitiless reef in his hard clutch caught her, (a)
And hurled her down where the dead men stay. (b)
A torturing silence of wan dismay - (b)
Shrieks and curses of mad souls dying - (c)
Then down they sank to slumber and sway (b)

Prince, do you sleep to the sound alway (b)
Of the mournful surge and the sea-birds' crying? - (c)
Or does love still shudder and steel still slay, (b)
Where the bones of the brave in the wave are lying? (C)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

47 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

39 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks .. tomorrow it will be a full month.. i'm tired of it .. but i'm gonna go back to work tomorrow.  i'm tired of being home as well.

Glad to hear it's nothing major, Bro. Get some Chicken Soup, and Ice Cream. Everyone feels better with ice cream.

Just saw a weather report for the Northeast US and parts of Canada. You all stay warm up there.

• Like 2

Michael often pats me on the head and tells me i'm adorable (that means i've done something silly, goofy or dumb).  Well, after using Word for i dont know how long, and constantly growling about the default font (which i hate) i thought  💡  ahha!!  i will look and see if i can change the default font ... and surprise you can ...  :yes: 😕    so.. yeah.. LOL  idiot.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael often pats me on the head and tells me i'm adorable (that means i've done something silly, goofy or dumb).  Well, after using Word for i dont know how long, and constantly growling about the default font (which i hate) i thought  💡  ahha!!  i will look and see if i change the default font ... and surprise you can ...  :yes: 😕    so.. yeah.. LOL  idiot.

Had to laugh, Bro... at myself. I didn't know that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Site Moderator

Glad to hear your test results were good, and here’s to a change of scene to distract you from your ills. Fingers crossed all your customers will be kind and/or rationale. 

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
49 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I’ll read your example of this tonight when I have more time, until then I’m going to try and curb my coughing *sigh* 

• Love 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Glad to hear your test results were good, and here’s to a change of scene to distract you from your ills. Fingers crossed all your customers will be kind and/or rationale. 

LOL... like that's gonna happen ... maybe they'll leave me on e-mail for a day rather than chat.  Results were great.. which is good .. but seriously what kinda virus is this thing??  Anyway.. i'll try and drink lots and get to sleep a bit earlier, plus take these pills...  Been sleeping pretty well, in any case.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Fun?  i don't know but defo a challenge, but i like to make them work and they have to just sound natural.  And the refrain needs to work for each octave  ... that's a lot of of rhyming words.. you'd need  6 for A, 11 for B, and 5 for C

Here is an example:

Ballade of a Ship by Edwin Arlington Robinson

Down by the flash of the restless water (a)
The dim White Ship like a white bird lay; (b)
Laughing at life and the world they sought her, (a)
And out she swung to the silvering bay. (b)
Then off they flew on their roystering way, (b)
And the keen moon fired the light foam flying (c)
Up from the flood where the faint stars play, (b)
And the bones of the brave in the wave are lying. (C)

'Twas a king's fair son with a king's fair daughter, (a)
And full three hundred beside, they say, - (b)
Revelling on for the lone, cold slaughter (a)
So soon to seize them and hide them for aye; (b)
But they danced and they drank and their souls grew gay, (b)
Nor ever they knew of a ghoul's eye spying (c)
Their splendor a flickering phantom to stray (b)

Through the mist of a drunken dream they brought her (a)
(This wild white bird) for the sea-fiend's prey: (b)
The pitiless reef in his hard clutch caught her, (a)
And hurled her down where the dead men stay. (b)
A torturing silence of wan dismay - (b)
Shrieks and curses of mad souls dying - (c)
Then down they sank to slumber and sway (b)

Prince, do you sleep to the sound alway (b)
Of the mournful surge and the sea-birds' crying? - (c)
Or does love still shudder and steel still slay, (b)
Where the bones of the brave in the wave are lying? (C)

Wonderful. You understand why they’re called ballads when you read that. From the Latin for dancing.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..