The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

He was really skinny when he shot up to 6’1” but he has filled out, so he matches his height more. He also refuses to eat any junk food now, so that’s probably helped. 

I’ve got the opposite problem being only 5’1”, so finding pants the right length is a bother. Oh, and I have short arm syndrome to boot, so a lot of times sleeves are too long - coats and shirts. 

I get the sleeves being too long thing, too. And shoulders being too broad. Finding men's clothing that fits my frame is really hard, as I'm a little on the heavier side but I have skinny shoulders and I'm short (for a guy, anyway).

• Like 2

I am aiming to have The Searcher written completely by the end of June. AC asked for the first chapter today. He said, "It balanced, brilliant and my absolute pleasure to read. I loved it."

Hopefully he feels that way about the rest.  I am always terrified to send him the first chapters.

I had said its different.  He said, "Different for you would be teen boy HS angst. From you I expect the unexpected. It's part of the charm of your writing."

oh man.. this boy is so grateful and pleased as punch ... fingers crossed about the rest...

• Like 1
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I am aiming to have The Searcher written completely by the end of June. AC asked for the first chapter today. He said, "It balanced, brilliant and my absolute pleasure to read. I loved it."

Hopefully he feels that way about the rest.  I am always terrified to send him the first chapters.

I had said its different.  He said, "Different for you would be teen boy HS angst. From you I expect the unexpected. It's part of the charm of your writing."

oh man.. this boy is so grateful and pleased as punch ... fingers crossed about the rest...

That's Awesome, Bro!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm so happy to hear this! i can't wait to read it

• Like 2
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Kinbaku requires a great deal of skill and talent to be done well --- and beautifully.

Indeed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Site Moderator
21 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the storms have passed for now
time to get ready for bed
goodnight Sirs and friends

Good night molly...happy dreams 

And, it’s good night for me as well

The sweetest of happy dreams DiCers...

• Like 4

A girl in my D&D group plays a male character, and she gets really annoyed when people misgender her character (which, admittedly, happens all the time). But guess who just spent the entire evening misgendering not just my character, but me as well? I get that it takes time to get used to stuff, but... Would be nice if she at least realised she was doing it. Had a nice evening all the same, though.

Hope you're all having/have all had a good day! I'm headed to bed. Goodnight, DiC!

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
35 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

crazy loss of control moment.....

global help desk remoted into my computer, i'm watchingsomeone else manipulate the windows and tabs. weird.....

Been there, done that. It is quite weird, but it’s faster than waiting for someone to show up. I had a blue screen come up on my computer that needed in person intervention. It took 2 1/2 for someone to show up. Luckily my ‘neighbour’ was away, so I logged onto his computer. in the meantime. Course, it was a problem for receiving phone calls...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

crazy loss of control moment.....

global help desk remoted into my computer, i'm watching someone else manipulate the windows and tabs. weird.....

Yes, always a strange situation. It takes control not to move the mouse!

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..